Pan-Orthodox Council announced

No quite Catholic news, but I thought it might still belong here

asianews.it/news-en/Fanar:-Churches-reach-agreement-on-pan-Orthodox-Holy-Synod-in-2016-30509.html

I’m very hopeful about the prospects of increased intra-Orthodox unity. If this Council brings the Orthodox churches toward a closer union with one another, I think there’s a lot of promise in that. I wonder if Eastern Catholic bishops will be invited to participate, or even the pope, since he was one of the authorized celebrants for Eastern liturgies when he was in Argentina – if they invite him or the Eastern Catholic bishops, that would be SO awesome. I do look forward to finding out.

I hope that this is a small sign that the power of the Holy Spirit is stirring to bring together all Christians. In a world which is reverting to paganistic values and embracing atheism, Christians need to become united in their common love for Christ. What a powerful witness, a reuniting in love would be to those who point to religion as a cause for all the hatred in the world.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.