Pancreatic Cancer

Hello everyone,
Please pray for my mother who was just diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. My mind is in a fog so I don’t know what else to say right now. But my family and my mom would greatly appreciate all the prayers she can get. …Thank you in advance.

My mom has lived her whole life for her family…has stayed true to the teachings of the Church and done her best to pass the loving teachings of Christ’s bride (the Catholic Church) on to her family. …She has managed to live off of practically nothing. She gave birth to 8 children, 4 girls and 4 boys. One boy went “home” early as a baby. I am the youngest of the bunch (32).
All of her children are out of the house and she still lives off of practically nothing. And is happy with that kind of life. Simple, not seeking pleasures of this life but of the next.

She has been my rock. She (and my father) have given me my faith. She led me to Alcoholics Anonymous where I became sober. She spends her days beginning with Mass and praying the rosary and the chaplet of Divine Mercy.

I don’t know what I’ll do without her. But I know God will be with us all.

Thank you… Peace to everyone!!!

(With Christ ANYTHING is possible)

My heart goes to you. I have four brothers, four sisters, and my Dad opened my mother’s closet after she died. “She didn’t have much” he said in a choked voice. I know what you mean.

Dear One, how proud you mother must be of you for overcoming your addiction. What a joy to her heart!
I pray that you mother will be able to fight and recover from this illness. Please give us updates. I will keep you, your mother, and your siblings in my prayers and Masses.

Please take good care of yourself. Love, Trishie

With my prayers for her and for all - Joe

Praying for the recovery of your dear mother…

Thank you so much. I am sorry to hear about your mother. I will pray for you and your family as well.
And I can’t tell you how blessed I am that I am sober and that “if she goes” she has seen her own prayers work and I will be by her side…without an active addiction.

Thank you also to -Joe Kelley and Stella76 …everyone on this forum is in my prayers.

Peace :grouphug:

† JMJTJ †

Your intentions will be in my prayers.
May St Peregrine intercede for your Mom, and may Bl. Matt Talbott intercede for you.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

***God bless you † ***

Here’ a simple prayer for your mother and you can give it to all your friends and relatives just what we did to our friend who is suffering breast cancer. We call it prayer brigade every hour we assigned somebody to pray this. Hope it will be of help to you and your family.

O’ all powerful and merciful Father, your Son Jesus touched the sick and healed her. Look upon our faith & listen forwardly to our request.

May complete healing come upon (name of your mother). May she feel your love & healing power & soon be restored to good health in body & spirit. Touch her hearts with your courage, compassion & infinite love for all. This we ask thru your Son Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen.

God be with you always.

I will add my prayers for your mother.

THANK YOU SO MUCH Gail, zheliah,SAG…and all!
Peace!!!

Through the intercession of St. Peregrine & St. Luke, may your mother be healed and her spirit kept strong;may her husband & children feel God’s comfort & love as they continue their journey in faith; I ask this through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives & reigns with the Father and the Holy Spirit, one God forever & ever, Amen.

Your mother has been remembered in my rosary prayers.

Hello sseason

You are truly blessed to have a beautiful women like you have described as your mother. I pray that she will get through this alright.

I tear up when reading these reply’s. Thank you all so much. It truly is consoling to know that she (and the family) are being prayed for with such deep intentions. May God bless all of you. And may all of YOUR needs be met, in the name of Jesus, our King from whom all good things come. :grouphug:

Thank you MusherMaggie, onaquest and St. Gabriel :slight_smile:

Dear St. Raphael,

On this feast day of the Holy Archangels, please grant healing to sseason’s mother through your kind intercession.

~~ the phoenix

sseason,
You and your mom will be in my prayers.

I echo the above sentiments and want to assure you of my continued prayers for your mom and all of you.
God love you!

Thank you: the phonix, fickle freckled and Maria rose.

My mom now has to wait 2 weeks to get a “high tech” procedure (as they call it) done. The only doctor available is out of town. The procedure consists of her being “put out” and they stick a camera and a tool down her throat and mingle around all her organs to get to her pancreas. They then take a sample of the cancer cells. …Now we need prayers simply for this procedure. Please pray that they don’t “snag” anything on the way to and from the pancreas.

For anyone who’s had a loved one die of pancreatic cancer, are you warned when the person is going? I.e. do their symtoms increase dramatically, or is it possible that they could just “go” one day without any warning?

…It’s so hard where to set my mind…on a miracle…or the acceptance of her leaving us. It doesn’t even feel real sometimes.

I do trust in God Will. And I know that whenever and whatever the outcome is, that He will bring a greater good out of it.

Thanks everyone.

From today’s Liturgy of the Hours:

Psalm 15 (16)
The Lord, my inheritance

My body will rest in calm and hope.
Preserve me, Lord, I put my hope in you.

I have said to the Lord “You are my Lord, in you alone is all my good.”
As for the holy and noble men of the land, in them is all my delight.
But for those who run to alien gods, their sorrows are many.
I will not share in their libations of blood. I will not speak their names.

You, Lord, are my inheritance and my cup. You control my destiny,
the lot marked out for me is of the best, my inheritance is all I could ask for.
I will bless the Lord who gave me understanding; even in the night my heart will teach me wisdom.
I will hold the Lord for ever in my sight: with him at my side I can never be shaken.
Thus it is that my heart rejoices, heart and soul together; while my body rests in calm hope.

You will not leave my soul in the underworld. You will not let your chosen one see decay.
You will show me the paths of life, the fullness of joy before your face, and delights at your right hand until the end of time.

Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be,
world without end.
Amen.

Reading 1 Thessalonians 5:23
May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you in every way and preserve your life and your soul and your body without blemish, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

LORD Jesus
Heal UR Daughter .

Praying very hard to St. Peregrine for her!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.