Panic about my living situation

Thank you so much for your prayers, I have one further prayer intention about my living situation.

I have been keeping a blog since about last Christmas, it is anonymous and I won’t reveal it here, it is basically a personal journal but I appreciate the support I get in the form of likes and the occasional comment. I have made my parents, my husband, and my son aware of it but I lost track of that because they say they never go. I sense today from something my mother said yesterday that they heard about a “hot” post which looked bad for them (or for me, depending how you looked at it)–comparing them to Ananias and Obadiah and the field and the Holy Spirit-- I don’t know if I have the names right but you know who I mean from the story in Acts.

It has been a bitter struggle here and I will go so far as to guess that they pulled a string to get me refused at the county intake for housing and other services that I went to. I was declined for housing, they said the list was closed. Everywhere, they are booked, closed, can’t accommodate. My parents had had to take my son there a dozen times to get into rehab, and after the first time I mentioned this agency to them (they exchanged a look) they pretended they didn’t know anything about it.

Years ago I said to here, when she interfered in my relationship with my son I said “this is a battle to the death” and I think she took me seriously. That’s what its like here: a battle to the death, never a word spoken. I have been praying for the intercession of King Solomon lately for the help of me and my son and to St.Joseph for my own family. I pray all day long. Yesterday I started reading a book about sexual abuse my psychotherapist gave me at my appointment on Wednesday. I think that this is already helping, but it feels dangerous to be reading it here. Thank you again for your prayers and God bless you.

Hail Mary
Full of grace,
The Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus
Holy Mary
Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners
Now and at the hour of death, Amen

Prayer for Peace of Mind

Fortify me with the grace of Your Holy Spirit,
and give Your peace to my soul that I may be
free from all needless anxiety, solicitude, and
worry. Help me to desire always that which is
pleasing and acceptable to You so that Your
will may be my will.

Through Christ Our Lord, amen.

– St. Frances Xavier Cabrini

May the Lord sooth your mind and life…
Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be, Amen…

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Prayer to Saint Maximilian Maria Kolbe

St. Maximilian, amidst the hate and lonely misery of Auschwitz, you brought love into the lives of fellow captives and sowed the seeds of hope amidst despair. You bore witness to the world by word and deed that “Love alone creates.” Help me to become more like you. With the Church and Mary and you, may I proclaim that “Love alone creates.” To the hungry and oppressed, the naked and homeless, the scorned and hated, the lonely and despairing, may I proclaim the power of Christ’s love, which endures forever and ever. Amen.

For Help in Trials

Most holy apostle St. Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the name of the traitor who delivered your beloved Master into the hands of His enemies has caused you to be forgotten by many. But the Church honors and invokes you universally as the patron of hopeless cases–of things despaired of. Pray for me who feels so hopeless. Make use, I implore you, of that particular privilege accorded to you of bringing visible and speedy help where help is almost despaired of. Come to my assistance in this great need, that I may receive the consolations and succor of heaven in all my necessities, tribulations and sufferings, in particular (cloudsurfer), and that I may bless God with you and all the elect throughout eternity. I promise you, O Blessed St. Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favor, and I will never cease to honor you as my special and powerful patron, and to do all in my power to encourage devotion to you. Amen.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.