Papa John’s upgraded on belief civil unrest is encouraging more pizza delivery

This is disturbing.

marketwatch.com/story/papa-johns-upgraded-on-belief-civil-unrest-is-encouraging-more-pizza-delivery-2016-07-20

:confused:

:smiley: Nothing compliments an evening of social unrest and urban decay quite like a Papa John’s pizza. A winning combination, indeed!

Is anybody going back in six months to see if these speculations are accurate? I doubt it.

Study after study has shown has shown that following financial experts’ predictions perform worse than the market generally.

If I thought it might be my last pizza due to civil unrest, I wouldn’t order from Papa John’s. Of course, I grew up in Chicago so I know a little bit about good pizza.

Oh, Chicago would be a perfect city for this business model! Against the soft background noises of automatic gunfire and sirens, enjoy our mouth-watering Mozzarella cheese on top of finely kneaded hand-thrown Italian dough, all in the comfort of your maximum security, high-rise compound. Delizioso!

https://wallpaperscraft.com/download/pizza_food_glass_board_table_73012/1920x1080.gif

Oh, Chicago would be a perfect city for this business model! Against the soft background noises of automatic gunfire and sirens, enjoy our mouth-watering melted Mozzarella cheese on top of finely kneaded hand-thrown Italian dough and your choice of toppings, all in the comfort of your maximum security, high-rise compound. Delizioso!

There is an old saying from the days of WW2, “when there is blood in the streets, its a great time to be in real estate”.

Folks like this, (those trying to profit from social unrest or turmoil) are no better than the ones instigating the trouble.

It is amazing how well Chicago continues to function despite the constant violence. People can adjust to anything, it seems.

:shrug: The way I see it, such folks are making the best of a bad situation.

Do not underestimate Mankind’s capabilities. :cool:

Really?
So if owned a pizzeria and I finally figured out that my increased orders for delivery were not because of advertising or coupons but because people are afraid, what do I do? Stop delivering?

I could see your point if I saw how scared people are and decided it’s a great time to sell mostly worthless home alarm systems.

Why, exactly, do you see this as disturbing?

I would like to know how they reach that conclusion in the first place, Ive worked in pizza before, they go thru busy times and slow times. Summer time tends to be busy anyway, its hot, people dont like to cook.

To suggest people are having their food delivered because they are too scared to leave their house is ridiculous, If I was truly too frightened to leave my home due to social unrest, there is no way I would put someone elses safety in jeopardy for the same reason.

You don’t find the prospect of civil unrest disturbing? I guess if you look at it in isolation, it’s not much, but when you add recent attacks on police officers and Islamic terror attacks here and in Europe things start to take on a ominous note, not unlike the background music in a horror movie.

“Does Chicago have good pizza?”, asked innocently the forum member from New York. ;):smiley:

I would personally say that as an individual, the stress of it does get to you after awhile, as it did to us. The neighborhood that we were living in was changing over time and was becoming more unstable. We left and moved away when we could.

What do you do if you don’t have a choice to move/leave? You try and adjust while you’re there, and you probably just do your best.

Of course. But I don’t see Papa John’s change in its delivery policy as disturbing. Civil unrest is just like any other community emergency. Last year I tried to order a pizza from them and they said it was snowing too hard so they weren’t delivering that evening.

If a place is unsafe for delivery drivers to go to, then adapting to the situation - either temporarily or permanently - is entirely understandable.

You could also invest in a maker of armored pizza delivery vans. Markets are remarkably good at adjusting to almost everything, and much faster than 535 politicians can hold hearings, give speeches, attend fund raisers, issue a report, and maybe vote for a program they can’t afford that might have worked 6 months ago when the situation came up, but no longer will work.:shrug:

closed #19

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.