papal blessing

hi,my niece is getting married later this year and she is a catholic and her future husband is a protestant,can they recieve a papal blessing?

I believe they can. She needs to be sure she has the appropriate dispensations from her bishop and that her marriage will be valid in the eyes of the church --her priest will take care of it for her, but she should certainly check. Then, she (or you) can write to the Vatican asking for a blessing. They will receive a certificate which they can frame. I plan to ask for a blessing for our 20th wedding anniversary.

How is this done? My Wife and I are also celebrating our 20th in October and that sounds pretty cool…

Thanks…

Contact your Diocesan Office. Mine sent me a package. I got a letter from my priest saying I was a Catholic in good standing with the Church, plus the money, and what I wanted. About a month or two later, 3 Papal Blessings: My Marriage, Our Families, and a Baptism.

Very cool…thank you so much for infor…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.