Papal Documents in Which Mary is called the Spouse of the Holy Spirit

Can any of the learned Catholics here refer me to actual Papal documents referring to Mary as the Spouse of the Holy Spirit.

I know Our Lady is the Spouse of the Holy Spirit, but an Eastern Orthodox I know is asking for Papal documents.

I already have one from Paul VI where he says that Mary’s relationship with the Holy Spirit is “redolent of marriage”.

But I’m looking for more. Even one explicit reference would be good.

Thanks, Pat

Okay, God helped me find one in Redemptoris Mater by JPII

In a sense her journey of faith is longer. The Holy Spirit had already come down upon her, and she became his faithful spouse at the Annunciation, welcoming the Word of the true God, offering “the full submission of intellect and will…and freely assenting to the truth revealed by him,” indeed abandoning herself totally to God through "the obedience of faith,"60 whereby she replied to the angel: “Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word.” The journey of faith made by Mary, whom we see praying in the Upper Room, is thus longer than that of the others gathered there: Mary “goes before them,” “leads the way” for them.61 The moment of Pentecost in Jerusalem had been prepared for by the moment of the Annunciation in Nazareth, as well as by the Cross. In the Upper Room Mary’s journey meets the Church’s journey of faith. In what way?
w2.vatican.va/content/john-paul-ii/en/encyclicals/documents/hf_jp-ii_enc_25031987_redemptoris-mater.html

If you go to the Vatican website (w2.vatican.va/content/vatican/en.html) and click on the little magnifying glass icon in the upper right hand corner a lttle search box will open up next to the magnifying glass icon. Enter the phrase “spouse of the holy spirit” with the quotation marks into the search box and click on the icon and 28 titles, with some repeats, should come up. I could be wrong but the highest level document where that exact phrase appears seems to be Pope John Paul II’s 1988 Apostolic Letter Litterae Encyclicea

Thank you Todd. That should help in the future with other matters too.–Pat

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.