Papal UK visit tartan

A special tartan pattern was created for the Pope’s first visit to Britain. Does anyone happen to know where it can be bought? It would be a nice souvenir.

[quote="JesuXPIPassio, post:1, topic:212790"]
A special tartan pattern was created for the Pope's first visit to Britain. Does anyone happen to know where it can be bought? It would be a nice souvenir.

[/quote]

Hi Jesu,
Next weekend, I will be meeting up with a lady who attended the Beatification Mass of John Henry Newman. She avidly followed the Holy Father's visit to the U.K.
I will ask her about that special tartan and get back to you next week.
God Bless,
Colmcille.

Cool, thanks.

What I read was that it was given as special gifts to members of the Scottish Parliament (ties and scarves, presumably for men and women respectively). The company that produced it doesn’t seem to sell it on their site. It’s called the Saint Ninian Tartan, by the way.

Here is the link to pre-order
giftshop.scottishtartans.org/ninian.htm

[quote="Nechasin, post:4, topic:212790"]
Here is the link to pre-order
giftshop.scottishtartans.org/ninian.htm

[/quote]

Thanks! I Googled for this and could not find it.

Like almost anything…it is just typing in the right key words. I found through one serach that the name of the tartan was “St. Ninian Tartan”. I then googled “St Ninian Tartan purchase” and the first link was what you needed.

I was tempted to give you this link. But thought better of it because I wasn’t sure it would be taken in the spirit that I intended.:stuck_out_tongue:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.