Paradise location between Islam & Christianity.

I’m trying to locate Paradise in the scriptures, and I’ve found that Paradise in Islam is located on this earth, while Paradise in Christianity it seems not on this earth!, so shall I consider that as another contradiction between the two religions?

Paradise in Christianity:
(Luke 23:43):
"Jesus answered him, “I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise.”

(John 14:2):
In my Father’s house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you.

(Matthew 22:30):*
“At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.”

Paradise in Islam:
(Quran 39:68-74):

[RIGHT]وَنُفِخَ فِي الصُّورِ فَصَعِقَ مَنْ فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَنْ فِي الأَرْضِ إِلاَّ مَنْ شَاءَ اللَّهُ ثُمَّ نُفِخَ فِيهِ أُخْرَى فَإِذَا هُمْ قِيَامٌ يَنْظُرُونَ(68)وَأَشْرَقَتِ الأَرْضُ بِنُورِ رَبِّهَا وَوُضِعَ الْكِتَابُ وَجِيءَ بِالنَّبِيِّينَ وَالشُّهَدَاءِ وَقُضِيَ بَيْنَهُمْ بِالْحَقِّ وَهُمْ لا يُظْلَمُونَ(69)وَوُفِّيَتْ كُلُّ نَفْسٍ مَا عَمِلَتْ وَهُوَ أَعْلَمُ بِمَا يَفْعَلُونَ(70)وَسِيقَ الَّذِينَ كفَرُوا إِلَى جَهَنَّمَ زُمَرًا حَتَّى إِذَا جَاءُوهَا فُتِحَتْ أَبْوَابُهَا وَقَالَ لَهُمْ خَزَنَتُهَا أَلَمْ يَأْتِكُمْ رُسُلٌ مِنْكُمْ يَتْلُونَ عَلَيْكُمْ ءاياتِ رَبِّكُمْ وَيُنْذِرُونَكُمْ لِقَاءَ يَوْمِكُمْ هَذَا قَالُوا بَلَى وَلَكِنْ حَقَّتْ كَلِمَةُ الْعَذَابِ عَلَى الْكَافِرِينَ(71)قِيلَ ادْخُلُوا أَبْوَابَ جَهَنَّمَ خَالِدِينَ فِيهَا فَبِئْسَ مَثْوَى الْمُتَكَبِّرِينَ(72)وَسِيقَ الَّذِينَ اتَّقَوْا رَبَّهُمْ إِلَى الْجَنَّةِ زُمَرًا حَتَّى إِذَا جَاءوهَا وَفُتِحَتْ أَبْوَابُهَا وَقَالَ لَهُمْ خَزَنَتُهَا سَلامٌ عَلَيْكُمْ طِبْتُمْ فَادْخُلُوهَا خَالِدِينَ(73)وَقَالُوا الْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ الَّذِي صَدَقَنَا وَعْدَهُ وَأَوْرَثَنَا الأَرْضَ نَتَبَوَّأُ مِنَ الْجَنَّةِ حَيْثُ نَشَاءُ فَنِعْمَ أَجْرُ الْعَامِلِينَ(74)وَتَرَى الْمَلائِكَةَ حَافِّينَ مِنْ حَوْلِ الْعَرْشِ يُسَبِّحُونَ بِحَمْدِ رَبِّهِمْ وَقُضِيَ بَيْنَهُمْ بِالْحَقِّ وَقِيلَ الْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ (75)
[/RIGHT]

YUSUFALI: The Trumpet will (just) be sounded, when all that are in the heavens and on earth will swoon, except such as it will please Allah (to exempt). Then will a second one be sounded, when, behold, they will be standing and looking on!

YUSUFALI: And the Earth will shine with the Glory of its Lord: the Record (of Deeds) will be placed (open); the prophets and the witnesses will be brought forward and a just decision pronounced between them; and they will not be wronged (in the least).

YUSUFALI: And to every soul will be paid in full (the fruit) of its Deeds; and (Allah) knoweth best all that they do.

YUSUFALI: The Unbelievers will be led to Hell in crowd: until, when they arrive, there, its gates will be opened. And its keepers will say, “Did not messengers come to you from among yourselves, rehearsing to you the Signs of your Lord, and warning you of the Meeting of This Day of yours?” The answer will be: “True: but the Decree of Punishment has been proved true against the Unbelievers!”

YUSUFALI: (To them) will be said: “Enter ye the gates of Hell, to dwell therein: and evil is (this) Abode of the Arrogant!”

YUSUFALI: And those who feared their Lord will be led to the Garden in crowds: until behold, they arrive there; its gates will be opened; and its keepers will say: “Peace be upon you! well have ye done! enter ye here, to dwell therein.”

YUSUFALI: They will say: “Praise be to Allah, Who has truly fulfilled His Promise to us, and has given us (this) land in heritage: We can dwell in the Garden as we will: how excellent a reward for those who work (righteousness)!”

YUSUFALI: And thou wilt see the angels surrounding the Throne (Divine) on all sides, singing Glory and Praise to their Lord. The Decision between them (at Judgment) will be in (perfect) justice, and the cry (on all sides) will be, “Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the Worlds!”

[3.12] Say to those who disbelieve: You shall be vanquished, and driven together to hell; and evil is the resting-place.

[3.28] Let not the believers take the unbelievers for friends rather than believers; and whoever does this, he shall have nothing of (the guardianship of) Allah, but you should guard yourselves against them, guarding carefully; and Allah makes you cautious of (retribution from) Himself; and to Allah is the eventual coming.

[5.51] O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends; they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people.

[32.13] And if We had pleased We would certainly have given to every soul its guidance, but the word (which had gone forth) from Me was just: I will certainly fill hell with the jinn and men together.

Eden was a place.The word ‘paradise’ is from the Persian meaning ‘an enclosed orchard or garden’.It was used in the Greek LXX to descibe Eden.It became a euphemism for Heaven later on.But if you want to find out more about"The Garden" the physical place, use Eden.Genesis2:1-14 are the description of where Eden was.:slight_smile:

Thanks juliamajor, yes I’m aware of Genesis 2:1-14, but I’m looking for the heavenly one, the one where the Father & the Son are right now.

and the holy spirit ??

The Holy Spirit is suppose to be with us here on earth: :wink:

(John 14:26-27):
But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

but the holy spirit is not a physical being , how is it on earth but not in heaven ?? is the presence in terms of knowledge or is it similar to our human spirit , contained in our physical bodies…(knowing that God resides in you is really terrifying )

Roaming between earth and heavens, but I understand from the Bible verse that most of the time spent is here on earth to guide the Children of God.

catholic.com/library/Trinity.asp

97:4 The angels and the Spirit descend therein, by the permission of their Lord, with all decrees.

Thanks, but I’ll stick with the Jews on that

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.