Paramedic Involved In OHP Scuffle Arrested in Sequoyah Co

Link

Posted: Jan 11, 2010 1:10 PM CST Updated: Jan 11, 2010 5:55 PM CST

NewsOn6.com

VIAN, OK – A paramedic involved in a scuffle including an Oklahoma Highway Patrol trooper in May of 2009 has been arrested in Sequoyah County.

Vian Assistant Police Chief Bryan Chandler said paramedic **Maurice White was arrested Monday morning at about 9:15 for speeding, seatbelt violation, not having insurance, no drivers license, failure to obey a lawful order and resisting arrest.
Back in 2009, a scuffle between White and OHP trooper Daniel Martin was videotaped on a cell phone.

The confrontation which drew national attention, occurred after Trooper Martin pulled over the ambulance, which was taking a woman to the hospital in Prague.

Martin said he was upset that the ambulance did not yield as he responded to an emergency call.

Emphasis mine.

We have the same basic situation minus the ambulance and patient. This guy needs to be discharged. We do not need people like this person driving our ambulances. If I need an ambulance I want a driver who is legal, safe, and responsible. I’d like to know what his excuse is this time?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.