Parent's divorce

Dear All, I was wondering if a person whose parents are divorced...will they still be able to apply to the seminary? Would their parent's divorce have any effect on their seminary application? Also in the same case and the person is the only child?

Just wondering! Thank you!

Parents' divorce is not listed in Canon Law as an impediment to Ordination.

vatican.va/archive/ENG1104/__P3S.HTM
God bless you
And welcome to the CAF community. :)

Welcome to the forums!

Don't be discouraged. As Tricia said, having parents who are divorced in no way disqualifies you from the priesthood.

Ahh I see, thank you! Even if the person that has parents divorced and is an only child? Would that affect the person's application to the seminary in anyway?

How many siblings one has is not a factor either way.

am hear to testify to the world that i just found a real spell caster who has help me bring back my happiness by helping me get my ex husband back after two year ; I have been to many places but all to know avail ,but when i made a contact with DR stone he promise that i should stop worried that he will cast a spell that we make my ex husband come back to me immediately, realy he do my ex husband come back to me with so much love and apology i must thank spirituallove@hotmail.com who has play a vita part in my life making me a great person and the must happiest woman on earth you are a great man who is bless by God with traditional love spell caster, please i will advice you if you are having a problem with your relationship contact him spirituallove@hotmail.com your problem will be solve

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.