Parents not baptizing baby

I am friends w/ the daughter of a woman who died 10+ years ago. She was raised Catholic and married in church. Has 2 children, one in 2nd grade and one 15 months old. 2nd grader baptized, but not in religious ed, and not preparing for Holy Communion/Penance. Baby not formally baptized (granddad did a secret one). Can you recommend a book that might help her and more recent convert husband reconnect with faith. They do not attend Mass.:shrug:

"Swear to God: The Promise and Power of the Sacraments" by Scott Hahn is a good book about sacraments and the importance of them. Hahn is very easy to read :) He also has a bunch of other wonderful books, should your friends get the "Hahn-reading fever" as I did :P

scotthahn.com/

Matthew Kelly's "Rediscovering Catholicism" is a great book for fallen away Catholics.

the bible...

[quote="Jenleg, post:1, topic:348328"]
They do not attend Mass.:shrug:

[/quote]

Perhaps you could invite them to come to Mass with you. If they connect with the parish and some parishioners it may start to seem important to them. As it is, they have no connection with the faith so why would they pass it along to their children?

Grandpa should let them know that he baptized the baby against their wishes and should have it recorded at the parish.

Grandpa is obligated to notify the parish that he performed a baptism. It is to be recorded in the sacramental records. The priest should supply the additional rites. Grandpa needs to fess up to his daughter.

I am friends w/ the daughter of a woman who died 10+ years ago. She was raised Catholic and married in church. Has 2 children, one in 2nd grade and one 15 months old. 2nd grader baptized, but not in religious ed, and not preparing for Holy Communion/Penance. Baby not formally baptized (granddad did a secret one). Can you recommend a book that might help her and more recent convert husband reconnect with faith. They do not attend Mass.:shrug:

[/quote]

This book is pretty good. The cover is misleading with a teenager sleeping in but is easy reading and offers a lot of great info that adults can us

"Why do I have to go? 101 Questions about the Mass....."
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1934217336

[/quote]

Baltimore Catechism is rather easy and clear. I would recommend the Catechism of the Catholic church but that is so thick and he may not go for that.
catholicity.com/catechism/

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.