Parents Television Council Slams Comcast Over Nudity Clause In 'Playboy' Contracts

"Parents Television Council Slams Comcast Over Nudity Clause In ‘Playboy’ Contracts

The Parents Television Council has put a second broadcast pilot in its cross-hairs this season. After blasting ABC over the working title of its dramedy pilot Good Christian Bitches, now the TV watchdog is attacking the NBC drama pilot The Playboy Club over the nudity clause in the actors’ contracts."…

Entire article: deadline.com/2011/04/parents-television-council-slams-comcast-over-nudity-clause-in-playboy-contracts/

I can’t understand what the whole thing is about, I mean, who does what to whom with whom and so on.

I'm uncomfortable with censorship of any kind. I know the PTC will say their not advocating censorship, but they are.

I don't like violent television, nor do I like overly sexualized shows-but the PTC sort of bothers me.

Well, I would be happy with nudity completely banned from the TV, even if that's censorship...

[quote="chevalier, post:4, topic:234870"]
Well, I would be happy with nudity completely banned from the TV, even if that's censorship...

[/quote]

I'd personally be happy with it as well. Though I don't like the idea of a government "banning" it. It just makes me uncomfortable.

I would just like some decent television programs, something that a family could watch together. It seems that that is asking too much, though.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.