Parish closed school; now parish itself clsing

JMJ

About three years ago, two Omaha parishes, Holy Name and St. Richard’s were merged and one pastor assigned to both.

About two weeks ago, the announcement came that the parish school would close. Yesterday, the offical announcement was made that the paris will close soon (probably after an Alumni Mass in early June).

This has been my parish for the last two years; but pray especially for those who have gone their all their lives! It is very hard.

Free forum
house painting
Recipe videos

Father please give hope and direction to those parishioners who are affected by the amalgamation of these two parishes and by the closing of the parish school.
Father please protect Your Church.
Grant us priests and Religious to give new strength to the Church, and keep Your people faithful in living their faith and the Sacraments, and in providing Catholic education for children…

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Remember O Most Gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known, that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee or Virgin of Virgins my mother, to thee to I come before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful, O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death
Amen

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death
Amen

Lord, help those people who are losing their parish and help them find a good new parish to go to. I’m sorry they have to close down their church and I pray that the elderly and people with no cars can get to another church without difficulty. May all the people involved heal from this misfortune and bring the light of Christ with them to their new parishes and find peace and blessedness in their new places of worship. Amen.

Praying for the people there and that God will reach out and bring scores more into the Church to revitalize the parish!

Paul

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.