Parish Recommendation in Louisville?

We’re traveling to the Kentucky Derby this weekend, staying at The Galt House. Can anyone recommend a parish for Sunday Mass? I appreciate your help.

You should attend St. Martin of Tours 12:30PM Tridentine Mass. It is not too far from where you are staying.

Here’s a link to their website.

louisville-catholic.net/

St Martin is an excellent choice, BUT, if you are taking a taxi there, be forewarned it will be nearly impossible to get a taxi back to the Galt House. Taxi drivers will be focusing on the hotels to take folks back to the airport. That’s where the money is, and believe me, they won’t accept dispatched runs unless it’s at a hotel.

The Cathedral of the Assumption is only 4 or 5 blocks from the Galt House, so you can walk back to the hotel. (or if you are wearing heels, walk a short block to the Seelbach Hotel at 4th and Muhammed Ali and grab a taxi there)

cathedraloftheassumption.org/

Either way, good luck, and don’t forget to put a couple of bucks on the horse named Dominican :wink:

Thanks to both of you for your responses! We ended up having to leave really early since my husband has to grab a flight out of town for another trip, so I can make 6 pm Mass at a parish near my home today. However, we’re going back next year, so I’m keeping your suggestions in my file! No big winners here though!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.