Parish Suggestions for Kent, Washington?

We will be in Kent,Washington (Seattle area). on Sunday, 23rd, and we’re looking for a church to attend that morning. I have found some churches online, but does anyone have any recommendations for this particular area? We love visiting the older churches with wonderful artwork, in particular. Thanks!

The most beautiful old church in Seattle is Immaculate Conception. It’s a bit of a hike from Kent (probably 30 to 40 minute drive). The Sunday liturgies aren’t super orthodox. The 9:00 mass is your typical OCP type stuff, and the 11:00 mass is gospel music, which is OK by me but the liturgy is a bit fast and loose.

Anyway, since you specifically mentioned art and architecture, it really is an absolutely stunning church with beautiful murals, statues, grotto of Lourdes and intact high altar and altar rails. If you will be in town Sat eve, the vigil mass is a bit more subdued with just a piano and a cantor.

immacconceptsea.org/

BTW, I noticed that the website says “organ” for the Sat vigil - it was a piano and cantor on the occasions I have attended.

Thank you!

St. Thomas in Tukwilla is a good one. One of the few church’s in the Seattle area that doesn’t promote open heresy. The priest is quite good.

Tukwilla is actually where our hotel is, so that sounds even better…

Wriiter,
Kent has pretty slim pickings but the Church I attend in Des Moines is St. Philomena. It is a wonderful little parish headed by a faithful and reverant pastor. The hymns are old world style and the congregation respectful. The 10:30 on Sunday is you best bet.
stphilomenaparish.com/

I have to vote for Holy Family Church in the south of Seattle, 20th Ave SW and SW Roxbury St. Highly orthodox, wonderful priests, a beautiful old church with stained glass windows of many saints. We just dedicated a statue to the Virgin of La Vong, as there’s a large Vietnamese population. Masses in English are at 9 and 11 AM Sundays. There’s a 24 hour Adoration Chapel across the street. (18 miles from Kent).

My mom goes to that church.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.