Parole not letting me go to Mass or Confession

Some years ago I committed a crime at a church. I am deeply sorry for what I did and will never do that again. Now that I’m on parole I have been told that I am not allowed to go to church until parole receives a letter from the church/diocese that I am allowed to go to church which the diocese is hesitant to do. I have made an appointment to speak with a priest one-on-one to go to confession and when I told my parole agent he said I can’t go.

Could you please pray that some leniency is showed to me. I need to the sacraments and am in effect excommunicated until either the diocese sends the letter or parole lightens up.

Thank you and God Bless,
Dan

Prayers for you. Maybe the priest can meet you at an acceptable location other than the church or rectory.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection,
implored thy help, or sought thy intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired with this confidence, we fly unto thee, O Virgin of Virgins my Mother;
to thee do we come; before thee do we stand, sinful and sorrowful;
O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not our petitions,
but in thy mercy hear and answer us. Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of grace,
The Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb,
Jesus
Holy Mary
Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners,
Now and at the hour of death,
Amen

Who is making this decision. your parole agent? On one hand they tell you they want a letter and when you made an appointment with a priest your parole agent said you could not go. You are not excommunicated from the church, you just need to clear some things up. First I would go see my parole agent’s supervisor, this agent cannot keep you away from the House of God. A priest cannot turn you away, for as we know life is fragile, our souls should be free of sin. Please do not give up… I would even suggest you try to get to a Mass away from your area and attend Confession… Special prayers are with you…God bless you and keep you close.

Complicated…prayers for you…
Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be, Fatima, AMEN!

Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed by Thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

I’ll ask a relative who became my country’s first canonized saint to pray for you, as she was, unjustly as the Bispop finally realized, denied the Sacraments. It was the worst pain she ever experienced, so I’m sure she’d be happy to pray for yo (Saint Mary MacKillop)

Dan, in the meanwhile, there are online Masses you can at east to some extent participate in, for instance, https://thesundaymass.org/watch-the-sunday-mass/926-25th-sunday-in-ordinary-time-mass-2018-09-23
They post every Sunday’s Mass.

For daily Mass, this is one possible such opportunity
http://www.catholictv.org/masses/catholictv-mass

And to visit an online webcam of the Redemptoristine nuns in Dublin, this site
https://rednuns.com/webcam/

During the night, the webcam is on before the Tabernacle. During the day the webcam is usually in the chapel, and you can ‘visit’ anytime night or day. At certain dimes during Mass and during some community prayer times, the microphone is usually on.
You can also send the nuns a prayer request, and they will certainly pray for you.

There are other possibilites available aso.

God grant healing of past error, and God grant you a blessed new beginning.
At the moment, the distress you feel is a penance and sacrifice you can offer to God.

Kind wishes and prayers.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.