Particular Judgement

I recently asked a Catholic theologian a question that was partially answered using what was described as current theology on the particular judgement. I would like to know if any one else is familiar with it, or has an opinion about it.

This theology starts out familiar eneogh in that the moment we die we meet God face to face. There is a 180 degree turn about in how the actual judgement happens compared to the more common thoughts on how it goes.

God doesn’t even make a decision.

When we see Him, we will be face to face with Love. If we say yes to Love we are saved, if we say no we are damned. The way to know what will most likely happen is to look at how we respond to* the demands of* God’s Love in our life. In every moment did we do what Love requires? What did we make a habit of? Did we say yes habitually? Or No? More than likely according to this theology what will determine our fate will be the habitual response we cultivated during our life.

This is not right. Christ is our judge.

Does this feel-good theology leave any room for the doctrine of purgatory? Maybe we go there if, when faced with God’s love, we decide that we want to think it over for a while before deciding. :rolleyes:

[quote=atsheeran]This is not right. Christ is our judge.

Does this feel-good theology leave any room for the doctrine of purgatory? Maybe we go there if, when faced with God’s love, we decide that we want to think it over for a while before deciding. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

atsheeran, thank you for sharing.
It feels a bit feel good to me as well.
The theology does include purgatory.
Our response wouldn’t be a decided one but more like a habitual response that has become who we are.
Who we are would still need reformed into Christ in purgatory.

is this something new? anybody?

closed #5

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.