Partisan debate erupts after Obama-Governor's meeting

Think he might be running for president? Bobby Jindal breaks the harmony with “partisan” comments:

“Obama “seems to be waving the white flag of surrender” on the economy by focusing on raising the federal minimum wage to $10.10, up from $7.25. “The Obama economy is now the minimum wage economy. I think we can do better than that,” Jindal said.”

Connecticut Democratic Gov. Dannel Malloy took over the microphone from Jindal and responded sharply, "Wait a second, until a few moments ago we were going down a pretty cooperative road. Malloy said Jindal’s “white flag statement” was the most partisan of their weekend conference and that many governors support a minimum wage increase.”

*Jindal did not the back down.

“If that’s the most partisan thing he’s heard all weekend, I want to make sure he hears a more partisan statement,” the Louisiana governor responded. “I think we can grow the economy more if we would delay more of these Obamacare mandates.”*

Nice to see Jindal not backing down. In fact, he seemed to handle the situation quite well. He’s a pretty smart guy.

news.yahoo.com/governors-erupt-partisan-dispute-white-house-184420111–politics.html?vp=1

Ishii

It’s a wide open field, so it’s very possible that he will and he’s testing the waters. From what I’ve seen of him, I like him and wouldn’t mind him being in the race.

The liberal mainstream media is always ready to attack and smear any Republican they think might be a threat to the Democrat party.

That is so true. I do like the way Bobby Jindal took the lead in voicing his disagreement with Obama. He could have sat there and milked the bi-partisan mood. But he chose to stand up. Good for him. I think he is much better off the cuff- than in giving prepared speeches. He is also likely the smartest governor out there.

Ishii

It appears that the Connecticut Governor doesn’t know the meaning of the word partisan.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.