Passage about things not revealed

Hey everyone. I once read a passage in the OT about some mysteries have been let known but there are some that will not be made known (or have not been made known). I’m paraphrasing of course, but maybe someone can help me find it?

I wish I wrote it down, I thought it was a very cool passage.

Are you perhaps thinking of Ephesians 3:1-5?

“For this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for you Gentiles; if indeed you have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which was given to me for you, how that by revelation He made known to me the mystery (as I have briefly written already, by which, when you read, you may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ), which in other ages was not made known to the sons of men, as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to His holy apostles and prophets”

Here are 2 that come to my mind:

Deut. 29:29 The secret things belong to the LORD our God; but the things that are revealed belong to us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.

Ecclesiasticus 3:22-25 (Douay) Seek not the things that are too high for thee, and search not into things above thy ability; but the things that God hath commanded thee, think on them always, and in many of His works be not curious. For it is not necessary for thee to see with thy eyes those things that are hid. In unnecessary matters be not over curious, and in many of His works thou shalt not be inquisitive.
(Parallel passage in NAB reads:
Sirach 3:21-22 What is committed to you, attend to; for what is hidden is not your concern. With what is too much for you meddle not, when shown things beyond human understanding.)

Hey man, thanks for the passage but that’s not it. It took me a bit but I found it:

Deut 29:29 "The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but the things that are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law.

God bless!

Hey! You beat me to it, haha. Thanks a bunch :slight_smile:

closed #6

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.