Passages about reading Scripture

I am looking for passages telling us to read Scriptures.

I have looked but have been unable to locate some.

THANKS!

2Tim.3:10 talks directly about Scripture as being for several things–which assumes that we are reading it. In most passages about Scripture it is assumed that we are reading it. Scripture reading has been an integral part of Israel’s history after the time of Moses and through the present day. Indeed, the Church gives an indulgence for reading Scripture.

Here are some verses that speak about Scripture for your further researches:

quod.lib.umich.edu/cgi/r/rsv/rsv-idx?type=simple&format=Long&q1=scripture&restrict=New+Testament&size=First+100

Romans 15:4 – “Whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.”

The very reading of Scripture in Church (Col. 4:16, 1 Thes. 5:27) is a continuation of Jewish practice (Acts 15:21).*Col. 4:16 And when this letter has been read among you, have it read also in the church of the La-odice’ans; and see that you read also the letter from La-odice’a.

1 Thes. 5:27 I adjure you by the Lord that this letter be read to all the brethren.

Acts 15:21 For from early generations Moses has had in every city those who preach him, for he is read every sabbath in the synagogues." *

Thank you!

Thank you!

Thank you!

Anymore help?

Matt 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Psalm 119 is the longest Psalm and is about King David’s love for God’s written law.

-Tim-

Thanks!

Thanks!

Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true. Acts 17:11**

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.