Pat Robertson challenges creationism, cities dinosaurs

wtvr.com/2012/11/30/pat-robertson-challenges-creationism-cities-dinosaurs/

A bit of a surprise - as many fundamentalists insist that the earth is only a few thousand years old. Such a rejection of science only serves to discredit Christians and undermine other, more important parts of the Christian message. Good for Mr. Robertson.

Ishii

:rolleyes: oh boy

The man is a traitor to his Faith. Science proves that evolution is a fallacy and that the earth is young. He has been listening to materialist scientist and should start listening to the creation scientist. I can go up against materialist science and win with a young earth argument because indeed the earth is very young. Before anyone gets all self-righteous on me for believing in a literal genesis and young earth know this. If the first book in the Bible is proven false in it's account of creation then why should anyone believe in the rest of the Bible. See as we know it God is the Truth and he cannot lie. So if you can disprove the first page then all is lost because it disproves God and the bibles credibility. Thank God science proves young earth! :thumbsup: Here is a good website for you,
kolbecenter.org/the-traditional-catholic-doctrine-of-creation/

Here is an interesting perspective on Genesis. People believe God LITERALLY when God says he, 'Created the Heavens and the Earth' but when it gets to in 6 Days, they are like nahhh... Must of been a longggg time for God to do that.... It's Human Perspective at it's finest because we are the ones who must believe it takes a long time for something like that to happen. The same reason evolutionist claim the earth is Billions of years old and we evolved. They are trying to take away the supernatural and replace it with a human concept of thought so that we can understand it. Not what God is actually telling us to be True. So also, if the Devil is promoting everything as really old then it must also be really young because the devil promotes the antithesis of the Truth.

Another thing to consider, if he can 'Create the Heavens and the Earth' then why can't he do it in six days? Have you seen the Heavens lately? He could've done it in 6 hours, or 6 minutes, or 6 seconds if He wanted to! But on the 7th day he rested!
Glory be to God.

Genesis 2
3 So God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work he had done in creation.

4 Such is the story of the heavens and the earth at their creation. At the time when the LORD God made the earth and the heavens -

Aren’t evolution threads banned?
I know you didn’t mean to make this one of them, but I sense future escalation.
:popcorn:

In the meantime: catholic.com/tracts/adam-eve-and-evolution

You know that it's "creationism" that gets all Christians laughed at by the mockers and unbelievers.

Why would evolution threads be banned. It is part of theology to discuss the origins of man and if one is going to believe in evolution then that could damage their faith as it could create doubt about the legitimacy of the Word of God.

[quote="Azygos, post:4, topic:306814"]
The man is a traitor to his Faith. Science proves that evolution is a fallacy and that the earth is young. He has been listening to materialist scientist and should start listening to the creation scientist. I can go up against materialist science and win with a young earth argument because indeed the earth is very young. Before anyone gets all self-righteous on me for believing in a literal genesis and young earth know this. If the first book in the Bible is proven false in it's account of creation then why should anyone believe in the rest of the Bible. See as we know it God is the Truth and he cannot lie. So if you can disprove the first page then all is lost because it disproves God and the bibles credibility. Thank God science proves young earth! :thumbsup: Here is a good website for you,
kolbecenter.org/the-traditional-catholic-doctrine-of-creation/

[/quote]

Well, I hardly would consider him a traitor to his faith, unless his faith actually requires a belief in a young earth.

As for Catholicism, it does not, to my knowledge require that one accept a young earth theory. In fact, many lines of evidence point against it, from cosmology to archeology to a study of star formation. It was a Catholic priest, in fact, Georges Lemaître, a physicist, who first proposed the big bang theory of cosmology.

And there is nothing in the study of Scripture that would require us to treat each book of the bible in exactly the same manner. They are quite different from one another.

The Church does consider the bible to be inerrant. It doesn't necessarily consider it to be a science book or a book intended to impart scientific knowledge.

We are supposed to be laughed at by unbelievers.

2 Peter 3
3 Know this first of all, that in the last days scoffers will come (to) scoff, living according to their own desires

4 and saying, "Where is the promise of his coming? From the time when our ancestors fell asleep, everything has remained as it was from the beginning of creation."

1 Corinthians 2
14 Now the natural person does not accept what pertains to the Spirit of God, for to him it is foolishness, and he cannot understand it, because it is judged spiritually.

[quote="Azygos, post:8, topic:306814"]
Why would evolution threads be banned. It is part of theology to discuss the origins of man and if one is going to believe in evolution then that could damage their faith as it could create doubt about the legitimacy of the Word of God.

[/quote]

There's no reason for scientific knowledge to damage faith. After all, science is nothing but the study of God's creation.

The discovery of C14 in diamonds is just one example of young earth. It is irrefutable evidence the earth is less than 10 thousand years old. Also for those people who think I'm foolish or that young earth people are foolish, this verse is for you.

1 Corinthians 1
25 For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom

If God can create the Heavens and he is the God of Order then why is it so hard to believe in the first chapter of the Bible. Was God not powerful enough to tell us exactly how it happened? Notice Genesis is not figurative writing. It's literally. When it says God created the heavens and the earth in six days. It means literal so either God is wrong or our God is not the God of Order and Truth.

[quote="JimG, post:9, topic:306814"]
And there is nothing in the study of Scripture that would require us to treat each book of the bible in exactly the same manner. They are quite different from one another.

The Church does consider the bible to be inerrant. It doesn't necessarily consider it to be a science book or a book intended to impart scientific knowledge.

[/quote]

Not to mention it's been retranslated so many times.

The Bible certainly wasn't written by English scientists 4000 or 10000 years ago. Who knows even when time began to be measured.

[quote="Azygos, post:8, topic:306814"]

[/quote]

I seem to recall that they were getting too heated and charity was going out the window.
Besides, the Church has been pretty clear in her teachings (see the link in my previous post)

You doubt the power of God. Again why is it so hard to believe that God couldn't relay his exact message in a Book written by men, if he can create the Heavens. Is he not the Alpha and the Omega. He placed every single word in the bible exactly where he wanted it to go.

[quote="waanju, post:15, topic:306814"]
I seem to recall that they were getting too heated and charity was going out the window.
Besides, the Church has been pretty clear in her teachings (see the link in my previous post)

[/quote]

The Church is clear on gay "marriage" and abortion too, and they get threads on them all the time. Banning evolution discussion seems silly and fickle.

Stan I absolutely agree.

[quote="Azygos, post:16, topic:306814"]
You doubt the power of God. Again why is it so hard to believe that God couldn't relay his exact message in a Book written by men, if he can create the Heavens. Is he not the Alpha and the Omega. He placed every single word in the bible exactly where he wanted it to go.

[/quote]

Which version of the Bible is EXACTLY the way God wrote it?

[quote="ProVobis, post:14, topic:306814"]
Not to mention it's been retranslated so many times.

The Bible certainly wasn't written by English scientists 4000 or 10000 years ago. Who knows even when time began to be measured.

[/quote]

Look at what these materialist are doing to you. Your already doubting the Authority of the Bible.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.