Patriotic Rosary

I saw this today on cukierski.net/index.shtml .

With the election soon upon us, it might be a good idea to start praying this today :thumbsup:

Patriotic Rosary

Before each prayer, offer the following intentions:

Apostle’s Creed – for the conversion of our Nation’s Capital

Our Father – for the Holy Father

Three Hail Mary’s – for Bishops, Priests, & religious

Glory Be – for the conversion of our country

First Mystery:

Our Father – for the Presidency of the United States of America

Before each of the 10 Hail Mary’s – “We plead the Blood of Jesus over (state) and every soul in that state” – AL, AK, AZ, AR, CA, CO, CT, DE, FL, GA

Second Mystery:

Our Father – For the Supreme Court of the United States of America

Before each of the 10 Hail Mary’s – “We plead the Blood of Jesus over (state) and every soul in that state” – HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD

Third Mystery:

Our Father – for the Senate and the House of Representatives of the United States of America

Before each of the 10 Hail Mary’s – “We plead the Blood of Jesus over (state) and every soul in that state” – MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NH, NJ

Fourth Mystery:

Our Father – For the office of the Governors of the United States of America

Before each of the 10 Hail Mary’s – “We plead the Blood of Jesus over (state) and every soul in that state” – NM, NY, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC

Fifth Mystery**:

Our Father – For all County and Municipal Offices of the United States of America

Before each of the 10 Hail Mary’s – “We plead the Blood of Jesus over (state) and every soul in that state” – SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WA, WV, WI, WY

By the time you have completed 5 decades, you will have prayed for every soul in the nation.

cukierski.net/index.shtml

Nice, but I’ll stick to my Franciscan Crown:)

Hey, would you mind sharing that one, if you have a copy or link handy? :slight_smile:

I’ve heard of it, but don’t think I’ve ever seen the actual form/prayers.

Just GOOGLE on “Franciscan Crown” or “Seraphic Rosary”.

It is a seven decade rosary dedicated to Mary’s 7 Joys. It exhibits the typical Franciscan simplicity of no starting prayers, just 7 OFs and 70 HMs, and 2 more HMs to finish

Ok, just thought that you might have something handy to share :wink:

For all other CAFers who may be interested : I found the following link containing information on the Franciscan Crown/Seraphic Rosary:

shrinesf.org/rosary.htm

The Franciscan historian Luke Wadding (1588-1657) dates the origin of the Franciscan Crown to the year 1422. He tells the story of a young novice in the Franciscan Order who, previously accustomed to express his devotion to the Blessed Virgin by adorning her statue with a wreath of fresh flowers, was prevented from continuing this practice in the novitiate. In distress, he considered leaving the Order. But the Blessed Virgin appeared to him and instructed him to recite a rosary of seven decades in honour of her seven joys; thus, he might weave a “crown” more pleasing to her than flowers on her statue.

How to Pray The Franciscan Crown

1. Using beads for the Franciscan Crown (seven decades), announce the First Mystery and pray the Our Father on the single bead just before the medallion.

2. Pray one Hail Mary for each of the ten beads. (It seems most fitting to proceed around the beads in a clockwise direction.)

3. On the single bead between the decades, announce the next Mystery and then pray the Our Father. Continue as in Step 2 for the remaining Mysteries.

4. After the last Mystery, pray one Hail Mary each on the fourth and third beads from the Cross to complete 72 years of Mary’s Joy.

5. Pray the Our Father and the Glory to the Father (Gloria Patri) for the intention of the Holy Father on the 2nd bead from the Cross.

6. Pray a Hail Mary on the single bead closest to the Cross.

The Seven Joys of Mary

1. The Annunciation
  2. The Visitation
  3. The Nativity
  4. The Adoration by the Magi
  5. The Finding of Our Lord in the Temple
  6. The Resurrection
  7. The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin into Heaven and Her Coronation as Queen of Heaven

shrinesf.org/rosary.htm

Enjoy :slight_smile:

I said this yesterday, and will try to say again today. Thanks for posting:) You might try posting this in the Politics forum for more response!

*Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee. Blessed art Thou among women and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen. *

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.