Patron Saint of Clutter

Hi all,

I’m serious. Who would be a good Patron Saint of Clutter? Or Patron Saint of Clutterholics. I’m a recovering Clutterholic, and I thought it would be nice to have a special saint to help me out.

Thanks! Love!

I took a brief look:

catholic.org/saints/patron.php?letter=O

I did not find one specific for ‘clutter’, but my search was not extensive.

I hope the link helps.

It occurs to me that many saints (Francis of Assissi, Maximilian Kolbe to name 2) lived uncluttered lives. So perhaps you could find a saint that lived without lots of possessions.

God bless

I don’t think there’d be a saint assigned - for lack of a better word - to us clutterholics.
I can’t speak for God but, if anything, I’d think He wants us to remove the clutter from our lives / souls that might keep us from getting to Him.

I’d just ask St. Anthony (patron of lost things) to help you find a way out of the piles of clutter and distraction - and find a new way to keep your spiritual and temporal life in order. I’ve learned to pray to St. Anthony of Padua - even though I haven’t “lost” an item…but using the words “help me find” a way, etc. Just a thought.:slight_smile:

I too could not find a specific one on “Clutter” but myself being a packrat so to speak it can be construded by other to be an obsession with stuff and there are two saints for this cause here

Paul

It just occurred to me that the patron saint of clutter might be Jesus Himself. Did he not tell the rich young man to, “… sell all your possessions, give the money to the poor and come follow me.” It was something to that effect.

Consider how much time you spend “taking care” of your possessions. How much of that time is not focused on virtuous living - sloth vs. a simple temperate life style.

Jesus lead a simple life yet accomplished world wide (dare I use the word) “CHANGE”. It was change for the good.

God bless

Well, whomever it is …

PRAY FOR US!

Wow! This is a really GOOD idea! And makes perfect sense… :thumbsup:

Any of St. Francis’ sons and daughters would work. I vote for St. Clare. Her name means clarity and she struggled with Pope Gregory IX for 40 years until he approved her rule of total detachment from material things.

JR :slight_smile:

Consider St. Theophil (aka Feofil) of the Kievan Caves Monastery.

He kept his cell in a total mess–and from it he would retrieve objects of prophetic significance for visitors.

Oh wow … I kind of like the sound of that … :thumbsup:

But still can see myself needing to get better organized. :rolleyes:

Another thought is the call of the apostles. When Jesus called them they dropped everything and went with Jesus. Life is easier without all the clutter. I currently have 1/8th the stuff I used to have. Each year over the past 3 years I have made it a goal to get rid of 1/2 my stuff. I do not miss the stuff and I spend less time caring for the stuff and more time living life in accordance to God’s will. Less stuff makes getting organized tons easier.

I mention this so in hopes that someone who reads this will give it a try and improve their life.

God bless

IF I could get rid of half my junk every day. At the end of my lifetime, I would still have a mountain of junk. Maybe I should just move and leave all my junk behind and start fresh. :stuck_out_tongue:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.