Patron Saint Question...

For some reason the last few posts that I have made have either come up blank (no writing that I know I put in it) or double posted (same exact thing twice). Any idea why? Anyone else having that problem or am I losing it??

Anyway - Is there a patron saint for people who have a bad temper that they may pray to for intercession and assistance. I found many patron saints that were known for their own foul tempers but not one specifically named as a saint for those who suffer the same affliction.

Check out this thread:

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=42100

Thanks, I looked on both of these and several others under temper, anger, bad (as in temper), intemperance, anger, etc and could not find a patron saint for the affliction (bad temper).

[quote=Didi]Check out this thread:

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=42100
[/quote]

Thanks, I tried this one and several others, searching under: temper, anger, intemperance, wrath and bad (as in temper not breath) and found no patron saint for this affliction.

I have also had some problems navigating this site. When I try to post a message, sometimes it does not register on the first attempt and then when you hit it again, it says that you duplicated the post. But it’s worth the trouble to have a nice site such as this with folks mostly trying to be helpful and Christian in their responses.

Saint Rita had to put up with bad tempered family members. She could be a good saint to pray for conversion of difficult people.

God bless,
Deacon Tony

Maybe you should try the virtue you are looking for instead of the vice you are trying to get rid of.

Try a search for patience, calm, level-headedness, charity, prudence, etc.

I know that St. Theresa of Avila once became very angry at Our Lord. She was traveling in a wagon, I believe, and it was rainy and muddy and the wheel got stuck in the mud and broke off. As she was getting out of the wagon she slipped and fell in the mud. She looked up to heaven and said “Lord, if this is how you treat your friends, it’s no wonder you have so few of them!”

[quote=Deacon Tony560]Saint Rita had to put up with bad tempered family members. She could be a good saint to pray for conversion of difficult people.
[/quote]

Thank you, I had read about her and her situation sounded much like mine.

[quote=Didi]Maybe you should try the virtue you are looking for instead of the vice you are trying to get rid of.

Try a search for patience, calm, level-headedness, charity, prudence, etc.
[/quote]

This is an excellent idea, thank you - I will definitely try this.

Not to hi-jack this thread but …

[quote=Deacon Tony560] … I have also had some problems navigating this site. When I try to post a message, sometimes it does not register on the first attempt and then when you hit it again, it says that you duplicated the post …
[/quote]

… yes, Yes, YES! This happens to me all of the time. This is because be of two things: [1] This board is EXTREMELY popular and is seeing a LOT of activity (a good thing) but [2] it is overloading the vB sortware that runs the forums – software, which, by the way, this place either buys or leases, so they are not in a position to correct the problem unless vB addresses these issues in their future releases of the programs.

Funny you mention the posting problems. I had written a long one and tried twenty times to post it and decided perhaps it was the Spirit telling me I shouldn’t post it!!

HAHA!

=)
Fiz

I don’t know if you would consider it “temper”, but St. Denis is the Patron Saint against strife.

You could try searching the index here to see if you can find a more appropriate patron…

culturalcatholic.com/patronsaints.htm

Yet another saint link. St. Jerome is a patron saint against anger - no small surprise there as his vehement temper was reknown. THere msut be others, but as discussed elsewhere, doing a search on anger brings up amny saints known to have bad temprs, and little about who to pray to help us with ours.

Could also try praying to patron saints of peace, such as Francics of Assisi, Barnabas, and Elisabeth of Hungary. Gabriel the archangel is the patron saint of diplomacy. I couldn’t find any one under serenity.

Youa re probably already aware of this, but the way that siants are some tiems assoicated with their cuases, or Patronages has much to fdo with how their devotees lobby the Holy See. There are many saints who are known for remarkable restriant under trying times; like Faustina, Mximilian of Kolbe, or any martyr. Just because they are not officially recognized by the Church as being a patron of a cause does not mean that we can not ask them to pray for us for issues that trouble us; issues that they are knwon well to have navigated as a role model.

closed #13

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.