patron saint

Well, if you’re praying on behalf of your family member or your pet that may be a different thing, but if (say) St Thomas More is patron of lawyers and I’m a lawyer that makes him MY patron - he’s praying for all lawyers, including me, whether I know it or have asked him for prayers or not.

And as a resident of Cleveland, the city’s patron saint (John the Baptist) is praying for you too, so he is your patron.

Ok, that clarifies it more for me.

And as a resident of Cleveland, the city’s patron saint (John the Baptist) is praying for you too, so he is your patron.

Actually, it’s St. John the Evangelist. FWIW, his gospel is my favourite.:smiley:

Just testing :stuck_out_tongue: Naah, got it wrong :o And mine too :yup:

I guess as a writer/Journalist it would be St Frances de Sales, but I feel much more affinity with St John of the Cross, whose prayer life and approach to God I feel very strong resonance with in my own soul.

thanks i just made it up on the spot,i think ill make it my phrase.

Ok the best way for me to explain, is to explain how I came about mine. My confirmation saint is St. Helena. I chose her for many reasons that were personal to me when I was 16. Now at 32, I am in the IT industry. My patron saint for this is Saint Expedite. I find that he really delivers. St. Expedite’s novenas start on Wednesday with a red candle and a vase of flowers. By Thursday morning I had been accepted into an important internship conducive to my career. It was exactly what I needed, being a poor college student about to graduate, I needed pertinent work experience as well as money. This internship gave me both. St. Expedite works pretty quickly and all he asks is that you tell others. So here I am. The best way is for you to look at what best suits you in terms of who calls you, needs, and personality, the above post is a great way to go about it. There is a database of saints to look at on
catholic-forum.com/saints/indexsnt.htm, click on list by name or topic and get to town with it! This database is excellent. Hope this helps!:thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.