Patron saints help against rape?

With what happened in Germany and now was said to have happened in Helsinki…can you ask patron saints to intercede protection preventatively about rape?

I was almost raped in high school…hence my anxieties.

I invoke Saint Agatha as she is one of my patron saints. Thanks!

Kat

Pray for the protection of the Precious Blood of Jesus. There is a litany of the Precious Blood.

Place yourself in the Immaculate Heart of Mary.

Pray the rosary.

Seek wisdom. The girls that went ahead down a dark way were warned by hotel staffers not to go down there because of bad people, but they went any way.

Until things are under control, you have to stay away from bad places. And some of these girls were dressed in a way that, in the migrants’ minds were inciting them.

The bottom line is the perception by Middle East men that European and American women do not value their virginity. And they do not dress properly.

Mother Mary is a great model of humility, chastity, modesty.

Saint Maria Goretti is the patron saint of purity and chastity. She experienced attempted rape as a child and on her successful prevention of being violated, she was killed by her attacker. She later appeared to him while he was in prison and forgave him, giving him the inspiration to change his life and live for God.

You can read more about her here: mariagoretti.com/who-is-st-maria/

May God bless you abundantly and forever, especially through Saint Maria Goretti! :slight_smile:

:thumbsup:

Saint Maria Goretti

The Archangel Michael protects us from evil.

Reading the news report reminds me of the days of Lot when the men in the city demanded the visitors to come out so they could assault them. And we know how it all turned out for Sodom and Gomorrah. It’s hard to believe such things are occurring in our day. What is this world coming to?

According to this article rape is common place in Muslim countries.

"While many remember the horrifying sexual assaults of the Arab Spring in Tahrir Square, including the attack on Lara Logan, such incidents are actually commonplace in Egypt, especially around Eid Al-Fitr. It doesn’t matter how the women are dressed. A 2006 story describes mass attacks on “any and every girl in sight, whether a Niqabi, a Hijabi or uncovered. Whether Egyptian or foreigner. Even pregnant ones.” 99% of Egyptian women report being sexually harassed. This behavior has is common in Muslim lands.

In Iraq, it’s eight out of ten women. In Afghanistan, rape and honor killings are routine. And this is the population that Germany’s mostly Muslim migrants are drawn from."

frontpagemag.com/fpm/261362/muslim-war-women-comes-germany-daniel-greenfield

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.