Patrons-Only Sub-Forum: Ask Us Anything

What’s up, Patrons? I have four of you so far, and we are grateful. If there’s anything about this that you want to know, or if you have any questions, drop them here and I will answer as quickly as possible.

For starters, this section of the forums is reserved for monthly supporters only.

I’m working to set up an live apologetics webinar in August for the $10 a month and up Patrons.

If you’re reading this and you want to know more about the different levels, click here.

-Jon S (COO @ Catholic Answers)

7 Likes

Thank you, @Jon_Sorensen. Big improvement already, and thank you for making it a very reasonable and easy way to support your efforts.

3 Likes

Thank you also. I am a monthly contributor to Catholic Answers; this gives me a way to direct additional support to the forum. I will most likely increase the contribution when my current magazine subscription expires.

2 Likes

By the way, how do we change the amount we contribute or stop our monthly donation?

1 Like

When you sign up to become a monthly contributor through the Classy donation page, you will be sent a link to access your account. You can make any changes you want there. Or you can call our customer service line and one of our people will help you with whatever you need. See the FAQ on the donation page for that info. God bless! †

2 Likes

Thanks.

I was able to find a way to edit it.

By the way, it doesn’t work when you use Safari. When I went to classy.org, and tried the edit button, the page wouldn’t load.

I had to use Chrome.

1 Like

We are aware. Classy is working on a solution.

1 Like

That’s good to know as I primarily use Safari. I would have been very confused otherwise. Please let us know when Safari has a solution. Thanks!

2 Likes

You can use Chrome or Firefox in the meantime.

2 Likes

So, lots of Mac users. Well, not a lot, a few but a very high percentage on this thread.

Using Safari, but switched to Chrome to autofill the donation form.

3 Likes

Of course :grin::apple:

Everyone knows Adam and Eve used Apple.

2 Likes

And look where that got them!

I was issued a MacBook at my last company, a Bay-area startup, and I fell in love. I always thought of it as a platform for “creative types” but it outperforms Windows for technical tasks like interacting with Amazon Web Services and running scripts, etc.

2 Likes

For years, my best and fastest Windows machine was a Mac! Being able to boot into either was pure bliss for me. The only drawback to the Mac is gaming. I now have a Windows machine strictly for gaming. When I need to actually get work done…to my Mac I go!

I have an old iMac that I’m going to turn into a Linux machine since it’s no longer updatable and Linux runs smooth as silk on them.

2 Likes

My Mac runs Parallels to create a Windows 10 Virtual Machine. I have to admit the only reason is to run Quicken. I hate the Mac version.

3 Likes

I stopped using Quicken years ago but only used it for home finances anyway. Now, with all my banking online, I have no need for it.

I have a few Windows programs I prefer…MS Word I like more than Pages but love the Mac version of Power Point 100 times more! I do a lot of photography and you can’t beat the Mac for that…the choices alone!

1 Like

I’ve been using Quicken since the DOS version, so it’s just habit.

I have an Office 365 subscription, so I actually run office in both. I prefer outlook on windows, but the rest are a toss up to me.

Me, too!

Guess we’ve all found some things in common. I have yet to find something I like as well as my ages-old copy of Quicken. I have tried to go entirely “no Microsoft” but I’m hooked on OneNote.

1 Like

Really? Do you use it to record meeting notes or other things?

I use it for meeting notes and many, many other things. I use it like a planner with my daily notes, lists of anything/everything, a reference file, to keep copies of important documents/emails, etc. The real power for me is the free form annotation ability on my iPad. You can “print” almost anything to a ON page and then mark it up. I started using it ages ago as a teacher for my lesson plans and lecture notes - and then I could display my handwritten/typed/supplemented notes on the classroom TV, website, or email to an absent student.

1 Like
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.