Paul, apostle to the Gentiles, Peter, to the Jews… But Peter brought the gospel to the Gentiles?

Hello,

I post here a question found on another site, which is also my question.

We read that Peter was to go to the Jews and Paul to the Gentiles. However during the Council of Jerusalem, peter says that the community knows he was appointed to bring the Gospel to the Gentiles. What does Peter say here? That he was first to be with the Gentiles, and then Paul came? But Paul wrote about his ministry among the Gentiles before Peter ate with them, am I right?

Could you just clarify this for me (us)? Thank you

Peter’s apostolate to the Gentiles started much earlier than St. Paul conversion.
He was the one responsible for starting the Baptizing of them when he Baptized the household of Cornelius.

And in any case St. Peter was the one Jesus entrusted to strenghten his fellow Apostles and feed Jesus’s Sheep.
Jesus’s Sheep are all those who hear HIS voice and answer to HIS call, Jew or Gentile.

Therefore ALL Christians are St. Peter’s flock as well.
St. Paul was an important Apostle in the process of the conversion of the Gentiles.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.