Paul leads GOP NH field 2016, Hillary leads Dems

Rand Paul leads a crowded 2016 GOP field in New Hampshire. If the primary were held today, who would you vote for?

realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/president/

Ishii

I voted “other” because I don’t know. It is too early to tell. I generally prefer governors, but I like Rand Paul. It will be an interesting primary IMO, but I hope it is a better one than last time. I want several good possible candidates and for them not to cannibalize each other.

I voted for Rubio. I know he has come under much criticism of late, but I think he is the best communicator out there. You’re right - it is way early, but its still interesting to see where people are at currently. I think it will be much better than in 2012 where it was basically a bunch of lightweights, a businessman, an aging libertarian, (sorry Ron Paul fans) and Newt. This time there are many qualified and well spoken candidates. Let’s put it this way, I don’t think any of them will forget what they were going to say, as Rick Perry did. For the record, I like Rand Paul too.

Ishii

Is there a reason only right-wingers are listed in your poll?

You left off the most popular Republican nationally, Ted Cruz.

Because a vote for a Democratic is a vote for the status quo, and a continuation of the same.

It doesn’t much matter which Democratic wins, therefore.

On the other hand, with the Tea Party and Libertarian ideals stirring things up on the right, someone like a Rand Paul coming to the fore represents a very significant change of direction for the Republican Party.

s there a reason only right-wingers are listed in your poll?

It is a poll of GOP hopefuls. And I wouldn’t call Christie or Bush “right wingers” unless I was a leftist.

Ishii

Good catch. That was unintentional. I don’t remember seeing him on the RCP list of primary candidates.

Voted other. Though some of those on the list would be good (for different reasons).

Had Rick Santorum in mind. Already vetted, won many states, and possibly his biggest deficit in 2012 was Romney had a lot more money … and it would take a lot more money to unseat a sitting President.

The delayed Iowa win (which was reported for a time as a Romney win) hurt Santorum’s fundraising and momentum. Once that was corrected he rallied.

Perhaps I favor him to because we got a good LOOONG look at Santorum while some of the other names listed have not gone through the fire yet. In 2012 the early months leading up to the primaries saw a new “leader of the week” in the Republican race … followed by precipitous falls. Santorum was a viable candidate until Ryan (somewhat similar to Santorum in my mind) endorsed Romney and tipped a close race in several states.

PHOTO: Early 2012 Republican Presidential Candidates, from left: Rick Santorum, Newt Gingrich, U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN), Mitt Romney, Texas Gov. Rick Perry, U.S. Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX), Herman Cain and Jon Huntsman, Jr.
Candidates Rick Santorum, Newt Gingrich, U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann, R-Minn., Mitt Romney, Texas Gov. Rick Perry, U.S. Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, Herman Cain and Jon Huntsman Jr.
David McNew/Getty Images
abcnews.go.com/meta/search/imageDetail?format=plain&source=http://abcnews.go.com/images/Politics/gty_ex_candidates_nt_120410

New Hampshire was conceded to Romney in 2012 as he was a New England guy.

Im going to rush back to read the headlined story and find out which “Paul” is meant. Ron, Rand or Paul Ryan. :smiley:

Ah. Rand. Slightly ahead of Christie, the lone Easterner listed (from New Jersey).
The Democratic side is so lopsided it looks like Hillary C has no competition.

Who would you propose in the GOP Primary other than those already listed?

The GOP field looks weak at this point, not any candidates to appeal to minorities, the working class or gays.

Looks like we will have a President Clinton in the White House again. :shrug:

60 minutes next episode is going to be about Benghazi and look what is stated

An independent investigation in Benghazi found the mission security was grossly inadequate and that requests for additional security were not approved at State Department headquarters.

cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-57609230/were-here-to-kill-americans-witness-on-benghazi-attack

Hillary Clinton was head of the State Department - did she not give approval for additional requests for security? Hillary Clinton is not going to be able to run from a question like this and many more about Benghazi if she runs in 2016.

The Republican bench is weak when there are myriad of potential candidates yet the Democrats have one main person that people are saying will be their nominee, somebody who is nearly 70 years old and who has been in the Washington D.C. scene for decades and who is the most unpopular first lady and is only first lady viewed less favourably than the president?

gallup.com/poll/154952/Michelle-Obama-Remains-Popular.aspx

Consider that after Lyndon Johnson won reelection in 1964 it was presumed the republican party was over and then Richard Nixon won in the next election.

Hillary Clinton has been removed from the presidency, and she isn’t a governor or in Congress so she hasn’t stamped her mark on many issues yet, that is why her popularity is as it is. If she runs for president and starts to make a stand on issues, expect to see her popularity decline.

I went with “Other” since Ted Cruz wasn’t a choice. I’m a fan of both him and Rand Paul and would be happy with either as our nominee.

No more RINOs and no more of the left picking our nominees for us. We need a strong conservative candidate.

Ted Cruz for President. :eek: :wink: I don’t see “anyone” who can out debate him.

I like Rand Paul. I’m not completely with the isolationist agenda though, moderate, I’m moderate on the libertarian agenda.

Herbert Hoover, Alf Landon, Wendell Willkie, Thomas E Dewey nominated twice, Gerald R Ford, Bob Dole, John McCain, Mitt Romney - all moderates, all lost. George H.W. Bush was a moderate who lost reelection.

Three million Republicans did not vote in 2012. Where those Republicans lived, whether it would of given the electoral college to Mitt Romney, I am not sure, but he would of won with the popular vote if those Republicans had voted for Mitt Romney. People have speculated why they didn’t vote and it probably has to do with Mitt Romney being seen as too moderate.

Herbert Hoover, Alf Landon, Wendell Willkie, Thomas E Dewey nominated twice, Gerald R Ford, Bob Dole, John McCain, Mitt Romney - all moderates, all lost. George H.W. Bush was a moderate who lost reelection.

Three million Republicans did not vote in 2012. Where those Republicans lived, whether it would of given the electoral college to Mitt Romney, I am not sure, but he would of won with the popular vote if those Republicans had voted for Mitt Romney. People have speculated why they didn’t vote and it probably has to do with Mitt Romney being seen as too moderate.:mad:

Three million Republicans did not vote in 2012. Where those Republicans lived, whether it would of given the electoral college to Mitt Romney, I am not sure, but he would of won with the popular vote if those Republicans had voted for Mitt Romney. People have speculated why they didn’t vote and it probably has to do with Mitt Romney being seen as too moderate.:rolleyes:

Three million Republicans did not vote in 2012. Where those Republicans lived, whether it would of given the electoral college to Mitt Romney, I am not sure, but he would of won with the popular vote if those Republicans had voted for Mitt Romney. People have speculated why they didn’t vote and it probably has to do with Mitt Romney being seen as too moderate.:eek:

Three million Republicans did not vote in 2012. Where those Republicans lived, whether it would of given the electoral college to Mitt Romney, I am not sure, but he would of won with the popular vote if those Republicans had voted for Mitt Romney. People have speculated why they didn’t vote and it probably has to do with Mitt Romney being seen as too moderate.:confused:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.