Paul the enemy of Jesus?

Our friend Paarsurrey claims Paul as an enemy of Jesus. He seems to suggest here that Paul is the only one who says Jesus rose from the dead. I am asking Paarsurrrey to give proof to his assertions. Each gospel has an account of the resurrection. Why wouldn’t Paul preach it?
Matthew 28

4 He is not here, for he has been raised just as he said.

Mark 16

He said to them, "Do not be amazed! You seek Jesus of Nazareth, the crucified. He has been raised; he is not here. Behold the place where they laid him.

Luke 24

They were terrified and bowed their faces to the ground. They said to them, "Why do you seek the living one among the dead?
He is not here, but he has been raised

John 20

Then the other disciple also went in, the one who had arrived at the tomb first, and he saw and believed.
7 For they did not yet understand the scripture that he had to rise from the dead.

The tactic to divide and conquer. Tim

It was Paul who took Jesus safely to Kashmir in order to come back and “corrupt” his message in Jerusalem to please the Jews. don’t tell me he was persecuted by the Jews NAY they flogged him not nor persecuted him, but it appeared so to them; and those who disagree concerning it are in doubt of it; they have no knowledge of it save pursuit of conjecture; they flogged him not for certain. Do i sound Gnostic? well it doesn’t matter what matters is that they persecuted him not.On the contrary, he was a Jewish intelligence agent who corrupted Jesus’ message. Angel Sariel just revealed this to me, am your new prophet .:extrahappy:

Jokes aside, what is it with Muslims and Paul? how can they still talk against him when all the apostles testified to him and when Muhammad incorporated some of his sentences in his teachings?well let’s see;)

Because Paul warned us of any spirit, person that comes with a different doctrine. Tim

The synchronicity of these threads are often funny. I am reading a book right now by Lena Einhorn (The Jesus Mystery) who apparently concludes that Paul and Jesus are the same person. Don’t ask me how, I haven’t finished it yet.

Probably the best part of the book right now is a reviewer’s comment on the back stating how disturbing it is that the little info on Jesus we have can be so malleable…

Makes you wish he wrote something down. I guess if he is the same person as Paul we can say he did…lol

I think **paarsurrey needs to maybe quit watching The Last Temptation of Christ.

:confused: :confused: :confused: I never heard this one! ok so what I think you are saying is paul currupted the church? How?

yea i guess because he said that satan masquerades in an angel to give a different gospel. Or maybe because he said my signature about some Jews and later Muslims who will reject the cross of the saviour.

Hi

I just quote two passages from NTBible:

Acts 8
On that day a great persecution broke out against the church at Jerusalem, and all except the apostles were scattered throughout Judea and Samaria. 2Godly men buried Stephen and mourned deeply for him. 3But Saul began to destroy the church. Going from house to house, he dragged off men and women and put them in prison.

Acts 9
1Meanwhile, Saul was still breathing out murderous threats against the Lord’s disciples. He went to the high priest 2and asked him for letters to the synagogues in Damascus, so that if he found any there who belonged to the Way, whether men or women, he might take them as prisoners to Jerusalem. 3As he neared Damascus on his journey, suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him.

This show very clearly animosity of Saul/Paul towards Jesus and his disciples, more than evident.

Thanks

Paul was an enemy of Jesus and his friends.

Yep, that’s WAS, until he had a rather radical conversion.

Acts 9:

1 But Saul, still breathing threats and murder against the disciples of the Lord, went to the high priest 2 and asked him for letters to the synagogues at Damascus, so that if he found any belonging to the Way, men or women, he might bring them bound to Jerusalem. 3 Now as he journeyed he approached Damascus, and suddenly a light from heaven flashed about him. 4 And he fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to him, “Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?” 5 And he said, “Who are you, Lord?” And he said, “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting; 6 but rise and enter the city, and you will be told what you are to do.” 7 The men who were traveling with him stood speechless, hearing the voice but seeing no one. 8 Saul arose from the ground; and when his eyes were opened, he could see nothing; so they led him by the hand and brought him into Damascus. 9 And for three days he was without sight, and neither ate nor drank. 10 Now there was a disciple at Damascus named Ananias. The Lord said to him in a vision, “Ananias.” And he said, “Here I am, Lord.” 11 And the Lord said to him, “Rise and go to the street called Straight, and inquire in the house of Judas for a man of Tarsus named Saul; for behold, he is praying, 12 and he has seen a man named Ananias come in and lay his hands on him so that he might regain his sight.” 13 But Ananias answered, “Lord, I have heard from many about this man, how much evil he has done to thy saints at Jerusalem; 14 and here he has authority from the chief priests to bind all who call upon thy name.” 15 But the Lord said to him, “Go, for he is a chosen instrument of mine to carry my name before the Gentiles and kings and the sons of Israel; 16 for I will show him how much he must suffer for the sake of my name.” 17 So Ananias departed and entered the house. And laying his hands on him he said, “Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus who appeared to you on the road by which you came, has sent me that you may regain your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit.” 18 And immediately something like scales fell from his eyes and he regained his sight. Then he rose and was baptized, 19 and took food and was strengthened. For several days he was with the disciples at Damascus. 20 And in the synagogues immediately he proclaimed Jesus, saying, “He is the Son of God.” 21 And all who heard him were amazed, and said, “Is not this the man who made havoc in Jerusalem of those who called on this name? And he has come here for this purpose, to bring them bound before the chief priests.” 22 But Saul increased all the more in strength, and confounded the Jews who lived in Damascus by proving that Jesus was the Christ.

In Christianity we believe in forgiveness and redemption. Saint Paul is an excellent example of both.

this time i really, really hope you present your argument as a joke :slight_smile:

Am still waiting for one intelligent argument by a Muslim against St.Paul.

Most Religious Paul Haters I have known subscribe to the serpent seed line theory, a terrible distortion. I am curious as to what your views on the “True Israelites”. Did not mean yours, but the person who wrote this about Paul.

I thought Jesus was

[LIST]
*]Julius Caesar
*]gay
*]a woman
*]non-existent
*]black
*]an alien
*]a tool of the Essenes[/LIST]- so, if ever you spot a non-existent black lesbian from Venus who lived in Qumran, married Mary Magdalene, went to the South of France, was murdered in 44 BC, died in Rome about the year 80 AD, and is buried in Kashmir: you’ll know who it is :rolleyes:

What next - Jesus the porcupine ? Why not ? “Jesus the non-human animal” is the only absurdity not so far invented.

It would seem that as St.Paul is Marcion (who lived c. 140 AD), Jesus = St.Paul = Marcion. It would appear that Marcion/Jesus/Paul had a severe case of multiple personality disorder… It really is far simpler to believe the boring old traditional account of Jesus, than to believe these stories.

These concocted Jesuses tell us more about the attitudes of those who invent them than about Our Blessed Lord Himself. A six year-old can see that it is impossible for them to be right. It is also very remarkable that the Aryan or gay or black or other Jesuses appear only when ideas about Aryan superiority or the morality of homosexual activity are “in the air” - not before. What these concocted phantoms never are, is Christ the Lord: they are nothing but attempts of sinful man to drag the Lord of Life down into his own unbelieving filthiness.

St. Paul is no enemy of Jesus, but His “chosen vessel”.

Yes Paul was an enemy of Jesus and the Church.

Acts 9:1. “And Saul (Paul), as yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went to the
High Priest 9:2. And asked of him letters to Damascus, to the synagogues: that if he found any men and women of this way, he might bring them bound to Jerusalem.”

However on the journey there he had an experience that changed his life

Acts 9:3. And as he went on his journey, it came to pass that he drew nigh to Damascus, And suddenly a light from heaven shined round about him. 9:4. And falling on the ground, he heard a voice saying to him:Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? 9:5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And he [said], I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: 9:6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord [said] unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do."

There in Damascus Saul meets a discple of Christ Acts** 9:10****:15 **But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel: 9:16
Acts 9:20-23 “And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.But all that heard [him] were amazed, and said; Is not this he that destroyed them which called on this name in Jerusalem, and came hither for that intent, that he might bring them bound unto the chief priests? But Saul increased the more in strength, and confounded the Jews which dwelt at Damascus, proving that this is very Christ.And after that many days were fulfilled, the Jews took counsel to kill him:”

So Paul changed from an enemy of Christ to an ardent disciple of His.

Brian

From what I have read around here they hate Paul, they despise him as the one who corrupted the gospel. They believe people like Peter and John were preaching a correct gospel but Paul came in and corrupted it all, they say stuff like Paul said circumcision was no longer required.

Honestly, that was pretty scary, I really wonder who is coming up with such misinformation.

Hi

Acts 8
On that day a great persecution broke out against the church at Jerusalem, and all except the apostles were scattered throughout Judea and Samaria. 2Godly men buried Stephen and mourned deeply for him. 3But Saul began to destroy the church. Going from house to house, he dragged off men and women and put them in prison.

Acts 9
1Meanwhile, Saul was still breathing out murderous threats against the Lord’s disciples. He went to the high priest 2and asked him for letters to the synagogues in Damascus, so that if he found any there who belonged to the Way, whether men or women, he might take them as prisoners to Jerusalem.

This show very clearly animosity of Saul/Paul towards Jesus and his disciples, more than evident.

Thanks

Paul was an enemy of Jesus and his friends.

[quote=Gottle of Geer]so, if ever you spot a non-existent black lesbian from Venus who lived in Qumran, married Mary Magdalene, went to the South of France, was murdered in 44 BC, died in Rome about the year 80 AD, and is buried in Kashmir: you’ll know who it is :rolleyes:
[/quote]

It’s 9:25am and I have snarffed Diet Pepsi through my nose. :rotfl:

Wow! That’s the first time I have every seen Paarsurrey ever really step in it. It looks like to me that he is in waist deep!:wink:

Hi

My Catholic friends ( and of course one Orthodox) please see and appreciate the credence of Paul, he smell that Jesus alongwith Mary is gone to far off lands in search of the Lost Tribes of the Israel, for good; so he works out a Vision of risen Jesus, finds easy to get hold of an opportunity to tear the sheep as the shepherd is away.

The Christ is gone, so his opposite/ anti is there to work for his plans.

Thanks

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.