Paul's Epistles

In another thread ( forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=95414 ), it was discussed the rather promeint (if not overly exagrated) role Pual and his episltes play into Protestants theology. I fear that my knowladge of Pauls epistles are rather lacking and I was curious if anyone knew of any good books or commentaries on Pauls works? So whenever it comes up I can address in Scriptural issues. Thanks and God bless.

Why not just read the epistles themselves? Short of that, I’d recommend Jimmy Akin’s book, The Salvation Controversy (shop.catholic.com/cgi-local/SoftCart.exe/online-store/scstore/p-CB258.html?L+scstore+sdhn0676ff9f519f+1143290580) Though not a full-orbed exposition on all of Paul’s epistles, it does cover most of the biblical issues you’re likely to encounter during dicussions with non-Catholics.

[quote=Skripper]Why not just read the epistles themselves? .
[/quote]

2 Peter 3:15-16"And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction."
I don’t want to misread what he is saying an would prefer someone who knows what he is talking about lead me through.

Thanks for the book.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.