PBUH?

Peace be upon him/her/you/ - is this a tradition of Muslim?
What does a person mean when he says this phrase?

Thanks!

pbuh can in certain circumstances mean other things eg place bacon upon him:D

It is obligatory for Muslims to add this salutation whenever we mention the names of any of the Prophets (pbut).

It is a sign of utmost respect and reverence for them when we do this.

if it’s obligatory, how can it also be a sign of utmost reverence and respect???
if it was optional, then it might be a sign of respect - but if it’s obligatory, then it has become nothing more than a convention, a salutation like HRH is

ohh! Thank you, hamba2han. At first, I thought it was used toward anyone you talked to. Thanks for explaining.

It is a nice way to express your respect.

I don’t think this will ever be an answer.

Oh Jack…:stuck_out_tongue:

hee hee it is when I use it…:rotfl:
if ham can compare the Holy Father to Satan:mad: then I can use the term place bacon upon him :twocents:

This shows that Muslims think Jesus is ONLY a prophet, nothing more.

Actually it’s not *obligatory *as in it would be a sin to not do so, but it is a highly valued tradition. It comes from a Hadith where Muhammad (saaw) said: ‘Send the blessing on God’s messengers and prophets for God sent them as He sent me’.

The Jews have a very similar tradition, I believe.

well argue it out with your fellow Mohammedan who said

It is obligatory for Muslims to add this salutation whenever we mention the names of any of the Prophets (pbut).
It is a sign of utmost respect and reverence for them when we do this.

My question was to the Muslim.

It does not matter how others refer to what…Your answer was very insulting, and this makes you no better.

Is this how we should love to each other as a Christian?

People of other faiths should be respectful, don’t you agree? Ham has no respect, so gets no respect. Instead he gets rebuked.
Actually my answer wasn’t insulting but playful. I didn’t use the term “place bacon upon him” with reference to any particular person, I just mocked the custom which is not insulting anyone.

It is another mechanism to bestow a undeserved justification upon Muhammed by assimilating Mohammed to other prophets.

You think others are the only ones insulting our faith, our Lord. We should look at our own self, and see when the last time we insult Lord ourself.

If one insults other and the other insult back, peace never happens.
There is no place called as being playful in mocking.

I don’t share your optimistic view of peace breaking out. Ham has actually explicitly admitted his mission here - he has no intention of creating genuine dialogue.
I don’t insult our Lord intentionally but Ham here does, despite the forum rules.

Then let the admin deal with Ham himself.
You are a member of CAF, you yourself should follow the rules.
Don’t expect others to follow what you can’t.

I finished this convesation.
My question has been answered.
Thanks!

I have contacted the backroom staff but nothing has been done yet. Ham does not come here in good faith, so I don’t feel obliged to treat him in good faith. That is not lacking charity, merely taking a stand for my Lord. Something Mohammedans should be able to relate to, anyway.

Thanks for correcting my spelling. :smiley:

PBUH

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.