Peace Be With You.

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who is on this site. I come here daily and always find what I’m looking for.

I am a newly converted Catholic and I must say it is the best decision I’ve ever made. I came in to this faith thinking I wouldn’t like it. I didn’t want to believe it would be something I would enjoy. I liked the rituals like genuflecting and the SOTC and the different signs I saw in mass so I figured I’d give it a shot (and so I had a justifiable reason to do the SOTC, I now see I wanted to join for all the wrong reasons). After going through my RCIA I finally made sense of everything and saw this is something I truly love.

So again… thank you. Peace be with you all.

How very nice of you to say thank you…!

Pax Christi!

Et cum spiritu tuo.

God bless.

…And also with you!

You said something in your post that I could relate to. While I prepared to enter the church, it was never something I didn’t think I wanted to do, but I liked the way you admitted your reasons changed over time. The same thing happened to me.

When I first expressed an interest in Catholicism I thought it was to regain a connection to my family’s past Catholic heritage. Then I had myself convinced I really liked the current Pope (I do, don’t get me wrong…but I see now that he isn’t WHY I was interested in the church). Then by Advent, I was convinced I was going because of the beauty of the music and decorations around the church.

By the time I completed RCIA and stood before the parish at the Easter Vigil, I had a moment. All those “other” things were nice, but none of them were THE reason. They may have helped bring me to the church, but it was the Truth I found that made me stay.

Sometimes in our journey, I think its easy to forget the bigger picture. It sounds to me like your experience was very similiar to mine in that regard. All those other, more secular (that seems like the wrong word) reasons don’t fully encompass the beauty of the faith. It really is the power of the Eucharist, I believe. But we don’t know that until we’ve reached that step in our faith journey.

Very nice post. It made me and many others, I’m sure, think about what you’ve said. May God bless!

How kind of you to take the time to post this. As a Cradle Catholic converts are refreshing to me as they share their experiences as to how their Catholic Faith evolved. Many have
inspired me in times of dwindling Faith.

Mary.

Thank you & God bless you.

And with your spirit.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.