Pelosi assists in Holy Week foot-washing ritual

sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Pelosi-assists-in-Holy-Week-foot-washing-ritual-5411553.php

Pelosi is now an Episcopalian?

Democratic House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi helps Bishop Marc Andrus wash the feet of two children Thursday at Saint John the Evangelist Episcopal Church in San Francisco Pelosi also used the occasion to talk about passing HR15 - bipartisan immigration legislation …

The Democratic leader’s ceremony coincides with Pope Francis’ similar ceremony in Rome to mark Holy Week. As he did last year, the pope broke with the tradition of washing only priests’ feet during the Mass for the Last Supper - this time, washing the feet of disabled people.

MODERATOR REMINDER

I know I don’t have to warn you all, but for the new members, please note this forum rule:

It is fair to discuss a politician’s or newsmaker’s position on the issues and their qualifications for office, it is not fair to discuss their spiritual well being. Criticisms of a anyone’s spiritual life or spirituality should be left between that person and their spiritual director or confessor. You do not know what their spiritual path is nor what advice their spiritual director has given them.

Such posts are not allowed in the forums. If a politician or newsmaker states that they are a certain religion that is the assumed religion of the politician in this forum, please do not question it.

Congresswoman Pelosi is a self professed Roman Catholic.

I will close this thread if it gets out of hand.

I find her posturing (as a foot washer) to be very disingenuous. I won’t take on her spirituality as that is against forum rules and because that is between her and her maker.

But, I think it is fair to say that her actions, positions and opinions are downright scandalous. She is, after all a public figure who makes no bones about her Catholic affiliation. An affiliation that seems at times to be rather politically expedient.

Political grandstanding. Nothing more, nothing less.

I pray for Pelosi’s reputation, that it would not endanger her
Faith life!

O gracious Virgin Mary, never has it been known
that anyone who has fled to you for protection,
implored your help or sought your intercession
was left unaided, inspired by this confidence,
I fly to you O Virgin of virgins, my Mother,
to you I come, before you I stand,
sinful and sorrowful, O Mother of the Word Incarnate,
despise not my petitions,
but in your mercy hear and answer me!
Amen.

As somebody who thinks that Pelosi at a minimum should be denied communion, I don’t care if she assists at an Episcopalian Service. Better there than at a Catholic Church which is what I thought was going on.

God Bless you Ms. Pelosi …
here’s hoping I live to be 83 with my house paid in full
And at three years my senior you’re Speaker of the House again. :thumbsup: :rolleyes:
:smiley:

rex

Jesus washed the feet of his apostles to teach them how to be servant leaders of the Church.
Judas Iscariot was among those whose feet were washed.

It’s not a matter of being “worthy” of washing the feet of others, or of having our feet washed, or even of being one of the assistants.

This is a “non-news” story as far as I’m concerned.

It is a stunt designed to achieve maximum political gain. Its only a non-news story in that this is exactly the type of behavior we would expect from someone who says abortion is a sacred right.

Ishii

closed #10

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.