Pelosi’s panic fire: GOP Senate would end ‘civilization as we know it’

House Minority Leader Rep. Nancy Pelosi told “Real Time” host Bill Maher that Democrats are not “fear-mongers” but in the same breath said civilization is doomed if Republicans manage to take control of the Senate in November.
“It would be very important for the Democrats to retain control of the Senate,” the California Democrat told Mr. Maher on his show Friday night, which aired live from Washington. “Civilization as we know it today would be in jeopardy if Republicans win the Senate.

Read more: washingtontimes.com/news/2014/sep/13/pelosis-panic-fire-republican-senate-would-end-civ/#ixzz3DGCGuByQ
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Go away Nancy. Please.

DGB

The democrats in charge seem to be doing a good job of doing that already.

Someone needs to pull Nancy aside and tell her it’s time to retire.

Funny that some Republicans believe the same thing about civilization’s being doomed due to the Democrats’ being in charge, particularly the Obama administration. I think both positions are extreme.

Well, Nancy, society as we know it ain’t so hot right now.

coughsGlobal warmingcoughsCorporations-are-satancoughs

:stuck_out_tongue:

I saw her on the Bill Maher video and does she look great. She was in a grey leather jacket. What money can buy, a face life, tummy tuck, perfect teeth and who knows what else she has had done but she does look good for 74 years. She must have a very good surgeon.

She’s still talking about Bush.

Republicans voted against violence against women recently and Ray Rice.

mediaite.com/tv/bill-maher-challenges-nancy-pelosi-on-gridlock-warmongering-dems/

This despicable woman reminds me of Aunt Clara from the old Bewitched TV show. She stammers, babbles and mumbles when answering questions just like the old girl from the show.

Pelosi is being a bit over dramatic.

If I recall when the GOP won big with the “Contract on America”, it was short lived, and the country came to its senses, taking congress away from the party known for doing nothing (except complaining) just 2 years later.

If anything, the reality of the incompetence of the GOP will not destroy, but revitalize America, just as time the country asked the GOP to put their money where there mouth is, and they couldn’t.

Argumetum Tu Toque

The very fact that Pelosi,Harry Reid,et all,are allowed to continue spouting their vitriol re the Republicans,speaks more to the gullibility of their base.Who besides an uninformed individual would believe anything that comes out their mouths n the first place?!

Not exactly since I’m not DEFENDING Pelosi. Rather, I’m pointing out that BOTH positions are extreme. If I had said that Pelosi is entitled to behave this way because the opposing Party does, then you can make that argument.

???

Sorry… couldn’t resist. :smiley:

When asked about the lack of pacifism from the Democratic Party on ISIS, Pelosi declared “war is not a way to resolve conflict,” but also argued that “you have to get rid of ISIS.”

breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2014/09/13/Pelosi-GOP-Endangers-Civilization-Comparable-to-Ray-Rice

Obviously ISIS does not keep Mrs Pelosi up at night.

:rotfl: Ah yes, the great Marian Lorne! Aunt Clara had all sorts of power, but was confused.
The results usually took a while to repair. And she usually didn’t know how to undo the ridiculous spells she cast.

youtube.com/watch?v=X44oVPg7yi8 <Aunt Clara (Pelosi below)

youtube.com/watch?v=Q1W-fJpgZr0

youtube.com/watch?v=3SHslTq7LeY

youtube.com/watch?v=Mpfi4E-fDEY

youtube.com/watch?v=ZlV3oQ3pLA0 < Captain Queeg’s speech from the “Caine Mutiny”

The problem is plosive repeatedly throws the same Spell s hoping that perhaps this time they will work . Higher taxes, more regulation to make it easier for women to kill their children . That is the “civilization” Pelosi and her Minions are afraid the Republican will end.

Well, how does one expect civilization to survive with a culture of death? And if the Democrats continue to promote it, which they do with enthusiam in many cases, it will be continued to be pointed out.

In fact, it’s gotten so bad in the sense that so many Americans vote against their values and common sense for their 30 pieces of silver that even republicans are starting to carry the water in some cases. :rolleyes: :mad:

It’s too easy to sit on here and say “well, I think if one says it about the other, it’s extreme”.

Pelosi’s comments were tongue-in-cheek and should be viewed in a different light than more comprehensive analyses of civilizations because there is a science to this.

I hope Pelosi loses her seat in 2014. :yup:

The “Your Hat Also” Argument? :smiley:

Edit: Cricket beat me to it. :stuck_out_tongue:

:thumbsup: what a great analogy! And she gets more comical as time goes by!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.