Pelosi Says She Has a Duty to Pursue Policies in Keeping With The Values of Jesus, 'The Word Made Flesh'

Amen Dawn.
It was mentioned in this thread that Representative Pelosi is not a dumb person, which I agree with, but watching the video of her “the Word” diatribe was embarrissing. Please pray for our legislators and elected leaders to respect the sanctity of human life and govern as such.

Matthew 7:21-23
21 "Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, 10 but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven.
22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name? Did we not drive out demons in your name? Did we not do mighty deeds in your name?’
23 Then I will declare to them solemnly, ‘I never knew you. 11 Depart from me, you evildoers.’

Actually, it would be good to read at all of Matthew Chapter 7:
usccb.org/nab/bible/matthew/matthew7.htm

Watching her video, she speaks of “the word” and says, “fill it in with whatever you want.”
I have one word for her-for this: Anathema.

Look again-to the links on the right-side of the page:
cnsnews.com/news/article/66208
Among other things:
-She thanks God for the renegade nuns who backed the Abortion Health Bill.
-She told Catholic Cardinals, Archbishops and Bishops what they need to be saying (teaching/preaching).

I believe she is at the very least-spiritually obsessed-or-opressed. JMHO. Something is very wrong with the woman, it is obvious.

I add a Hail Mary at the end of at least 1 decade a day: For the conversion of heart, mind and soul of Barack Obama, those in his Cabinet, Our Congress-House and Senate, Supreme Court-all Federal, State and Local Officials-who make decisions on behalf of the people of our Country-especially when it comes to life.

God Bless.
+Jesus, I Trust In You!
Love, Dawn

If she has truly turned her life around, I would be most happy to have a good Catholic in such a high position. However, given the fact that she ONCE AGAIN voted against the Stupak Ammendment, I highly doubt she has. Heres hoping though :thumbsup:

Pelosi said that? Yeah right.

by advancing the culture of death and deviance? She actually believes herself. :banghead:

I received the Scorecard of Catholics in Congress today.

Speaker Pelosi - 0% in line with Catholic teaching.

I just caught her on Hannity - Fr Morris on the panel. .

She is a nut case,…

She is her own magisterium.

She should be blonde:D

No offense to blondes, I am one {with a little help)

**You have got to see this…

Nancy Pelosi’s Favorite Word

Oh, my goodness. Fill it in, the Word, with anything you want?! :o

Well, that explains a lot.

What makes me so sad about this is not just that she perverts Catholic teaching, but also that people like her help so many others think they can ignore Catholic teaching, vote their self-interests, and still be good Catholics. Yes, we are all sinners. No it isn’t OK therefore to call our sins “good policy” and to misrepresent Church teaching.

And yet there’s this tendency among some - Pelosi exemplarily - to take only what they wish from Catholic ethical teaching, almost as though they want the Church to be a social services provider without the spiritual or moral aspects. Their actions betray an understanding of “moral good” as whatever allows a person to do as they wish, rather than as they ought. I think this obverse view underlied much of the debate in DC recently, when the city council voted to exclude Catholic charities (lowercase, ie all organizations) from receiving public funds for social services unless the Diocese provided same-sex benefits. If it were a conversation, I think such as these would say “You know, Church, we really love all the helping the poor and feeding the hungry and caring for the hurt… if you could just do without all this Jesus stuff that would make us feel so much better. You know, more inclusive?”

Even where I don’t understand or agree with a teaching of the Church, I still accept it because I recognize the Church’s authority as pillar of Truth and repository of faith. This openness to Church teaching led me away from a dichotomous view of abortion - ie there’s a Constitutional Law and a Canon Law and only Catholics are subject to Canon Law - and to one that’s more holistic and recognizes the difference between what attempts to approach the Lord in holiness and what attempts to appease changing whims.

Ah, Princess Nan, when she declared that Aquinas was really in favor of abortion, I at first dismissed her as a fool, but upgraded that to rank heretic when I realized she actually believed she was right.

There’s a reason why we haven’t a patron saint of self-importance. But perhaps Nan is part of God’s plan - perhaps what is required is a movement of loving rebuke against errors held by the faithful, along with a resolute defiance against the corruption of our secular leadership.

I’ve said it before. Within our lifetimes we will stand, arm-in-arm, to block public officials from shutting down our hospitals when we refuse to kill babies, and from closing our churches when we refuse to grant gay marriages.

I like that. Let’s offer a prayer for our non-Catholic brethren to be in solidarity with us as well:

:signofcross:
Father in Heaven, source of all Truth,
Lord Jesus Christ, fountain of all holiness,
Holy Spirit, purveyor of Holy Wisdom,
Blessed Trinity, You are adonai, and all Creation kneels at the utterance of your Sacred Name. You alone hold the scepter, and the world is your footstool. Hear our prayer.

In Your Name, we kneel our hearts and pray that your hands be upon the hearts and minds of our government,cultural, business and religious leaders. Break their hearts of stone, Lord, and open their ears to Your Will.

In Your Name, we pray especially for our leaders who are hearers but not doers, and we ask that the Spirit convict their hearts and bring them to convert their Will to Yours.

In Your Name, we pray also for ourselves, Lord, that our hearts will be true to You in all things. Let us not be anxious or fearful, knowing the world condemns us, but joyous in our calling to You.

When they judge us, Lord let the Spirit guide our lips
When they condemn us, Lord let the Spirit remind us of Hope.
When they ridicule and reject us, Lord let the Spirit help us store treasures in Heaven.

By Your Grace may we live all our moments, and by Your Name protect us from the ruler of the darkness of this edge and empower us to do battle
:signofcross:

Amen

Not even sure how to respond or comment without violating rules regarding charity.

Maybe just add her to my prayer list. May she be defeated in November and enjoy her well funded retirement. Maybe she could retire to the Pacific island where her husband’s tuna packing plant is located.

We could even let her keep her Air Force 757.

She is totally out of her mind, she is in nev er never land, seriously how does any one in their right mind support this woman.?

Pro-abortion Speaker Pelosi says public policy should line up with Christian teachings

Washington D.C., Jun 2, 2010 / 02:19 pm (CNA).- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, addressing a May 6 Catholic conference on Capitol Hill, said she believes Catholics must pursue public policy in keeping with the values of “the Word made flesh” and must be prepared to answer to Jesus Christ for how their actions “measured up.” Pelosi, a pro-abortion rights Catholic, has been rebuked for her statements supporting abortion.
Her recent comments on religion came at the event “A Washington Briefing for the Nation’s Catholic Community,” sponsored by the National Catholic Reporter and Trinity Washington University.
According to CNSNews.com, Speaker Pelosi remarked:
“They ask me all the time, ‘What is your favorite this? What is your favorite that?’ And one time, ‘What is your favorite word?’ And I said, ‘My favorite word? That is really easy. My favorite word is the Word, is the Word. And that is everything. It says it all for us. And you know the biblical reference, you know the Gospel reference of the Word.”

more…

Why was she even asked to speak there.? She used “The Word” reference because she was speaking to Catholics. She either believes that all Catholics are idiots or she really believes what she is saying and is out of her mind!
Why would any Catholic at that briefing believe a word she said?, the whole thing is just so bizarre.

The National Catholic Reporter - enough said.

She is the very definition of a heretic. No one hijacks the Catholic faith. No one.

I agree with your observation about her being the very definition of a heretic, but not with your statement that no one hijacks the Catholic faith. Nancy Pelosi has hijacked it for the past twenty plus years. I find her public assaults on the faith and her support of abortion to be scandalous. However, the opinions of the laity do not matter; only Archbishop George H. Niederauer can discipline her regarding moral positions.

Perhaps the Catholic church is not in disagreement with her?

Perhaps I was not clear enough. No one hijacks the Catholic faith, as in, the gates of hell shall not prevail against Holy Mother Church. The Church has Jesus at the head, and is guided by the Holy Spirit through the teaching of the magesterium. No heretic, polititian or talk show host will ever hijack what is the true Church. Make no mistake about it, Mrs. Pelosi does NOT communicate and support the fullness of Catholic teaching. Individuals may be misled by these false teachers from both outside or inside of the Church, but the true Church will stand and authentic Catholic teaching will not be too difficult to find.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.