Pelosi: Unemployment Creates Jobs

In a news conference defending an unemployment benefits extension against Conservatives who argue that all it does is gives no inducement for the unemployed to actually find a job, Pelosi stated that unemployment checks create jobs.

"It injects demand into the economy. It creates jobs faster than almost any other initiative you can name."

Madame Speaker also said the taxpayer funded checks have a "double benefit" of helping those who lost their jobs and acting as a "job creator" on the side.

Click here to read the rest of the article.

**Same argument she uses for abortion;

"Murdering an innocent baby saves the mother the hassle of being a mother!"

With "catholics??" like Pelosi & Biden, who needs enemies????

Jesus warned us about these people; "You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and has nothing to do with the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks according to his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies.(JN 8:44)
Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora Pro Nobis Peccatoribus!

mark

Well said, Mark.... well said.

[quote="Mark77, post:2, topic:204092"]

With "catholics??" like Pelosi & Biden, who needs enemies????

[/quote]

And don't forget that pathetic embarrassment from my state, "the swimmer", i.e. the late Ted Kennedy. Why can't the bishops excommunicate these fools when they take political positions opposed to the beliefs of the Church virtually every single time? There is nothing about them that's Catholic, they don't even qualify as "cafeteria Catholics". Even that supposed "hero" of Pro-life concerns with Obamacare Bart Stupak, folded like a cheap lawn chair when the Democrat machine put the screws to him. It's now becoming impossible to take anyone seriously when they say they are both a Catholic and a Democrat. Like trying to call yourself a vegetarian while you also happen to be a cannibal.

Preach on, Ronnie! Preach on! You just hit the nail right on the head, brother.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

O'kay I know I'm supposed to be charitable...................But

Revenge of the Botox Is this a case where the Botox is actually smoothing out the wrinkles in Nancy's brain?

AND

There is a certain logic to Pelosi's stance - much like famine-induced starvation is a great way to fight childhood obesity.

Hey...I'm just quoting :D:D
examiner.com/x-47869-Wilmington-Conservative-Examiner~y2010m7d2-Pelosi-Unemployment-Creates-Jobs

It creates dependency and over time it kills motivation. It must be used judiciously.

Unemployment creates a few jobs for people who have to write unemployment checks.

But the number of unemployed people is far greater than the number of people who get jobs writing unemployment checks.

The truth is that California is one of the biggest economies in the world and yet it is the state with one of the highest unemployment rates. I think we are #4 for highest percentage of unemployed persons.

Some people think illegal immigrants are helping the economy and do jobs that nobody wants for less. Maybe this was true 15 or 20 years ago, but today U.S. citizens ARE willing to take those jobs, even for low pay, so illegals are actually hurting the situation.

Conservatives who argue that all it does is gives no inducement for the unemployed to actually find a job

Too bad there aren't jobs available! I am so sick of these stereotypes that people who don't work are lazy. With the economy in the state it's in, people can look for work for MONTHS, even a couple of YEARS and not find anything. There are many job applications online but they just make a database and then when there really is an opening they only look at the newest ones. So you waste time applying for jobs that aren't really hiring, or they're scams.

More and more people are losing their jobs, and any open jobs will go to these people before they'll go to a recent graduate or an adult who hasn't worked in several years (i.e. stay-at-home moms whose kids are grown). Teenagers apply to every fast food place, at the mall, etc. and can't find work. I know several kids who were seniors last year and tried to find work so they could get money for college, but no success. They're just going to have to get loans, or hope for a good grant/scholarship.

[quote="kimmielittle, post:6, topic:204092"]

AND

Hey...I'm just quoting :D:D
examiner.com/x-47869-Wilmington-Conservative-Examiner~y2010m7d2-Pelosi-Unemployment-Creates-Jobs

[/quote]

I'm a lot more charitable to Nancy "Butcher" Pelosi than she is to unborn children.

Just sayin'.

[quote="Caveman, post:9, topic:204092"]
I'm a lot more charitable to Nancy "Butcher" Pelosi than she is to unborn children.

Just sayin'.

[/quote]

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

If an unemployed person gets paid for essentially 40 hours of work, are they looking for work 40 hours per week?

Why not let them earn the unemployment benefit? How?

Employers fund the unemployment insurance. Let the employers decide how they could use them. Create an incentive to work and then hire.

If anyone doubts how truly Orwellian the Democrat Party has become, hear Pelosi stating that unemployment checks create jobs here.

breitbart.tv/pelosi-unemployment-checks-fastest-way-to-create-jobs/

I know several people close top me who have been out of work for more than 18 months. I don't figure how unemployment checks are the fastest way to create jobs. Maybe I haven't drunk enough of their kool-aid...:rolleyes:

This clip will likely show up in the election ad cycle in October!

[quote="kimmielittle, post:6, topic:204092"]

Quote:

Revenge of the Botox Is this a case where the Botox is actually smoothing out the wrinkles in Nancy's brain?

[/quote]

Botox May Deaden Not Just Nerves, But Emotions, Too

Says study leader David Havas: “Botox [also] induces a kind of mild, temporary cognitive blindness to information in the world, social information about the emotions of other people” [Discovery News].

The only jobs unemployment creates are those in a government beaurocracy. These are non-productive jobs. They produce no wealth. They only put a further drain on the public purse with fewer people actually paying into it.

She Says she is a Catholic so I would think that she would know understand this paragraph in the CCC?
**CCC 1859 **Mortal sin requires full knowledge and complete consent. It presupposes knowledge of the sinful character of the act, of its opposition to God's law. It also implies a consent sufficiently deliberate to be a personal choice. Feigned ignorance and hardness of heart133 do not diminish, but rather increase, the voluntary character of a sin.

If she knows the above then she should also know the below.
**CCC 1789 **Some rules apply in every case:
- One may never do evil so that good may result from it;
- the Golden Rule: “Whatever you wish that men would do to you, do so to them.”
- charity always proceeds by way of respect for one's neighbor and his conscience: “Thus sinning against your brethren and wounding their conscience . . . you sin against Christ.”
**CCC 1792 **identifies specifically “the errors of judgment in moral conduct”, including “assertion of a mistaken notion of autonomy of conscience, rejection of the Church’s authority and Her teaching.”
**CCC 2039 **teaches “Personal conscience and reason should not be set in opposition to the moral law or the Magisterium of the Church.”

Being a law maker I am sure she understand the below as well as the above.
Can. 229 §1. Lay persons are bound by the obligation and possess the right to acquire knowledge of Christian doctrine appropriate to the capacity and condition of each in order for them to be able to live according to this doctrine, announce it themselves, defend it if necessary, and take their part in exercising the apostolate
Can 205: Catholics are those in full communion with the Church through the bonds of profession of faith, the sacraments and ecclesiastical governance.
Can 750 §2. *“Each and every thing which is proposed definitively by the Magisterium of the Church concerning the doctrine of faith and morals, that is, each and every thing which is required to safeguard reverently and to expound faithfully the same deposit of faith, is also to be firmly embraced and retained; therefore, one who rejects those propositions which are to be held definitively is opposed to the doctrine of the Catholic Church.
vatican.va/archive/ENG1104/__P2H.HTM

So if she refuses the above then the below applies......
Mt 18:17 “If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector.”

If all the above is true then I wonder if the Church authorities even have to excommunicate her, because like someone that has had and abortion would she not have already excommunicated herself?

I said it before and I'll say it again. If she loses her seat in the November election, I will throw a big party!!!

Nobody offends me in a political sphere more than her. While I love watching American politics for the pure entertainment value it gives moreso than any television show could ever provide, Pelosi really gets under my skin.

[quote="Caveman, post:1, topic:204092"]
Pelosi stated that unemployment checks create jobs.

[/quote]

This country is so fantastic.

Even the mentally retarded can get jobs in the highest offices of our government.

[quote="Chipper, post:16, topic:204092"]
This country is so fantastic.

Even the mentally retarded can get jobs in the highest offices of our government.

[/quote]

PRO STIMULATE

mediamatters.org/research/201007020030

ANTI-STIMULATE
heritage.org/Research/Reports/2008/01/Unemployment-Insurance-Does-Not-Stimulate-the-Economy**

Just goes to show that either side will spin as far to their side as possible. In my opinion it will stimulate, but you have a future payback that is devisating.....just putting off the pain and we have done that to the tune of Trillions and unfortunately I think the day has come.... to feel the pain.:shrug:

[quote="Linda_Marie, post:13, topic:204092"]
Botox May Deaden Not Just Nerves, But Emotions, Too

[/quote]

Whoa Ponys!!!!!!!.....

Thank you for the link:)

[quote="stephe1987, post:8, topic:204092"]
Too bad there aren't jobs available!

[/quote]

That's just nonsense. It's a bad economy but there are plenty of jobs available. I was layedoff and found another job within two weeks that pays me more to boot so don't tell me that it can't be done. The problem isn't that there aren't any jobs; the problem is that people are unwilling to take their lumps, make some sacrifices, and accept a paycut.

[quote="EmperorNapoleon, post:19, topic:204092"]
That's just nonsense. It's a bad economy but there are plenty of jobs available. I was layedoff and found another job within two weeks that pays me more to boot so don't tell me that it can't be done. The problem isn't that there aren't any jobs; the problem is that people are unwilling to take their lumps, make some sacrifices, and accept a paycut.

[/quote]

It varies from city to city so what happens in Columbus may not be the same elsewhere. I doubt that the millions of Americans that are unemployed are unwilling to take their lumps.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.