Pelosi's New $18,736-a-Month Office

...you little people need to tighten your belts...

foxnews.com/politics/2010/06/14/pelosis-new-district-office-reportedly-costs-month/
Speaker's San Francisco office costs taxpayers nearly double second-highest rent paid for House member

...San Francisco is a high-rent city. Just ask Nancy Pelosi.

The House Speaker's district office in the new federal building in San Francisco costs a whopping $18,736 a month -- the highest rental paid by any member of the House -- or, more precisely, the highest rental paid by taxpayers on behalf of a member of the House. The rental price was reported by Roll Call on Monday...

**Not bad for one whose yob is clear on the other side of the Country!
"Hope and Change" ...or is it... "Here's your Change"

Anyway. Nothing but the best!

God Bless.
+Jesus, I Trust In You!
Love, Dawn**

That should be a crime IMO.

[quote="DawnInTexas, post:1, topic:201961"]
...you little people need to tighten your belts...

foxnews.com/politics/2010/06/14/pelosis-new-district-office-reportedly-costs-month/
Speaker's San Francisco office costs taxpayers nearly double second-highest rent paid for House member

...San Francisco is a high-rent city. Just ask Nancy Pelosi.

The House Speaker's district office in the new federal building in San Francisco costs a whopping $18,736 a month -- the highest rental paid by any member of the House -- or, more precisely, the highest rental paid by taxpayers on behalf of a member of the House. The rental price was reported by Roll Call on Monday...

Not bad for one whose yob is clear on the other side of the Country!
"Hope and Change" ...or is it... "Here's your Change"

Anyway. Nothing but the best!

God Bless.
+Jesus, I Trust In You!
Love, Dawn

[/quote]

that is really sad how many americans are losing their homes right now to short sales and foreclosures and her office rent is over $18,000 a month!!! :(:mad:

Aw come on now folks this is Nancy Pelosi she is entitled:D

nothing is too good for Queen Nancy! :smiley:

It’s a tough job doing so much for the American people, whether they want it or not. Nacy knows best/:slight_smile:

I’m going to University in the fall and I have some American friends there. I have said that if Nancy Pelosi gets voted out in November we are having a PARTY!! If Barney Frank goes, I am getting fire crackers!!!

[quote="canadianguy1143, post:7, topic:201961"]
I'm going to University in the fall and I have some American friends there. I have said that if Nancy Pelosi gets voted out in November we are having a PARTY!! If Barney Frank goes, I am getting fire crackers!!!!

[/quote]

i hope, then, that in november you will be having a big PARTY with lots of FIRE CRACKERS!!!!! :thumbsup:

Nancy Peolsi is living the message “Yes We Can”.

Anyone who voted for Obama? Here is the fruit of your labors. "

Yes We Can" is for politicians who are pro-choice and living “the world” instead of living for God.

San Francisco is the most expensive real estate in the US. How large is Pelosi’s office? What is the rent on a comparable property in the same area?

Facts, please.

[quote="anode, post:10, topic:201961"]
San Francisco is the most expensive real estate in the US. How large is Pelosi's office? What is the rent on a comparable property in the same area?

Facts, please.

[/quote]

Click on the link, and read the article, please.

Also, she's based in Washington D.C., right? You know-The House of Representatives?

God Bless.
+Jesus, I Trust In You!
Love, Dawn

Well if its a federal building at least she (our us) are paying it back to the feds…

Seriously–how is this allowed…I know in my state…my state agency is not allowed to rent from that class of office space…for good reason!

There must be some mistake: no one has yet explained how this is all Bush's fault. I mean, it must be.

Bushdidit! Hope and Change.

[quote="Adeodatus, post:13, topic:201961"]
There must be some mistake: no one has yet explained how this is all Bush's fault. I mean, it must be.

Bushdidit! Hope and Change.

[/quote]

No one has to say it, we all know that everything negative that happens in This Administration is ALL Bush's fault. Bush has tremendous power, even after more than a year and a half out of office EVERYTHING is his fault, Wow what control, he certainly rents space in a lot of peoples heads,

Pelosi wears two hats. She represents her district which is in or actually is, San Francisco. She is also Speaker of the House, third in line for the presidency.

In either case she needs an office. She has one in the capitol building and another in San Francisco. I assume that her huge rent is from her San Fran building.

How trivial can threads get on CAF?

[quote="Nordar, post:14, topic:201961"]
No one has to say it, we all know that everything negative that happens in This Administration is ALL Bush's fault. Bush has tremendous power, even after more than a year and a half out of office EVERYTHING is his fault, Wow what control, he certainly rents space in a lot of peoples heads,

[/quote]

No, only the things that go wrong.

You'll never hear Bush given credit for something good or that goes right.

God Bless.
+Jesus, I Trust In You!
Love, Dawn

…one for each face?

God Bless.
+Jesus, I Trust In You!
Love, Dawn

Like John Edward’s $400 haircut, pointing out Pelosi’s rent demonstrates the hypocrisy of liberals. They say they are for “the little guy” “the poor and downtrodden” “for working families”, yet they have no problem spending the taxpayer’s money on what is most likely an unnecessary expense. Here is Pelosi on the necessity of affordable housing for the poor:

“***The House is taking crucial steps toward addressing our nation’s need for affordable housing. With Chairman Barney Frank, housing is a top priority for the first time in 12 years. Millions of Americans pay up to 60 percent of their earnings on housing. Congress should help them secure the affordable, safe, and energy-efficient homes they deserve. Working families should not be forced to choose between housing, health care, food, and other basic needs.”

• Speaker Nancy Pelosi ***

Maybe she can let one of those families occupy her office while she’s in D.C. spending our money?

Ishii

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Thanks for the laugh of the day!!!

[quote="DawnInTexas, post:16, topic:201961"]
No, only the things that go wrong.

You'll never hear Bush given credit for something good or that goes right.

God Bless.
+Jesus, I Trust In You!
Love, Dawn

[/quote]

Wel then, name something that Bush did which turned out well.

Was it Bush's war with Iraq, a country which played no role in 9/11? That war unfinished and we're ONE TRILLION DOLLARS poorer, have lost thousands of American lives and seen many thousands of other brave soldiers maimed and damaged for life.

What about his not focusing on the war in Afghanistan, which is now unwinnable?

Maybe it was his administration's completing the deregulation of Wall Street, leading to irresponsible investments and millions of sub-prime mortgages, resulting on the near-collapse of the banks and the worst recession since the Great Depression, which is still not over.

Or his administration's making the MMS, the MIneral Management Service, which supposedly oversees deep water oil drilling, a chummy boys' club with BIg Oil, ignoring the environmentalists' attempts to regulate offshore oil more stringently, which led up to the current calamity in the Gulf.

Anything else?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.