Pentagon Classifies Catholics As "Extremists"

Pentagon Classifies Evangelical Christians, Catholics as “Extremists”

radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/pentagon-classifies-evangelical-christians-catholics-as-extremists.html

The Department of Defense classified Catholics and Evangelical Christians as religious extremists similar to Al-Qaeda, according to training materials obtained by the Chaplain Alliance for Religious Liberty.

Pretty misleading heading… It certainly appears that this was an isolated incident perpetrated by an individual, not a policy of the Pentagon.

“This slide was not produced by the Army and certainly does not reflect our policy or doctrine,” he said. “It was produced by an individual without anyone in the chain of command’s knowledge or permission.”
The Army said the slide was removed, the presenter apologized and they considered the matter closed.

Admittedly, I image that many people in our government do view Catholics who are practicing and in good standing as extremists; however, I do not believe that this is the policy that is taught. It appears that this was the work of one or two people, rather than the official developers of the slideshow. It does speak to the hypocrisy of the tolerance crowd, and it certainly speaks to the ideals of this administration, but not to the government as a whole.

Re: Pentagon Classifies Catholics As “Extremists”

That’s right, and the “five-sided squares” better watch their butts. . . we got a LOT of people on the “inside.” :smiley:

They’re the ones with morals :thumbsup: (let them try to sort that :wink: ) :D:D:D

This isn’t the first time they have been caught doing this. All these “one-time” events start to add up to a pattern.

The most frightning book I have ever read was “Animal Farm”

I see the events in the book play out in our everyday lives.

The pentagon classifing Catholic and non Catholic Christians as Extremists, even if its “Isolated” right now, is just a further step towards the governments attempt at silencing our voices.

Am I jumping to conclusions and “reading” to much into this?, maybe…but step back and take an objective look around you.

“Extremist” is a shout-down I have encountered on forums. Though there are myriad non religious reasons to oppose things like abortion and gay marriage, for example, the proponents of such things will brand you “a religious extremist”, in an attempt to silence you and marginalize your POV.

The Obama admin is extremist since they take so-called “abortion rights” to an absolute extreme.

My parents are like, hard core into politics and they often tell us kids that they think we will have very tough times ahead of us - not only economically b/c of our current government’s spending but also because of our faith. For the longest time, and even still mostly now, I always kind of didn’t take them too seriously - because I, at least, have this thing engrained into my mind of, “this is America, they can’t take away our freedoms.” I mean heck, I even have it in my head right now, although time will tell whether this is accurate, that there’s no way they can push through this Obamacare stuff and other things - just because I can’t fathom that happening.

That being said, my opinion on the matter has been slowly but surely shifting, to where I’m not so sure about that any more, based on what keeps on happening. I mean, shoot, looking at our economy alone, I believe my dad on what he was just telling me a few days ago about the direction our economy is headed. Based on the fact that the government is STILL spending out the wazoo and our debt is increasing very quickly. That debt is going to come back and bite us, no matter what. The only question is when. I mean, seriously, eventually there will be consequences of our being in debt. Soon no one will lend anything to us, our government will have no choice but to raise interest rates, raise taxes so much that mass inflation occurs and our country will be struck by mass poverty and all that. It sounds just awful, and whether or not that happens I think could still be up for debate, but that scenario is certainly a possibility, at the very least.

Then Religion is whole new thing, actually kind of related, probably. Obviously we know of the freedoms being taken away regarding religion right now. It just makes you wonder how far they can go? If this economy collapses, and if everything goes very wrong after that, who knows, communists might take over and there will be much persecution and probably murdering of Christians/priests. Or some anti-religious/anti-Christian group. I don’t know. Again, that very well may not happen, but if our economy does collapse, in the worst-case scenario, something like this really could happen.

On the other hand, if our economy does collapse, there will probably be a change in attitude towards God. Some people will probably curse God and wonder why He allowed it to happen, but many others would turn to God in hard times, so in that sense, perhaps our economy collapsing could be a good thing for our country spiritually.

I’m sorry, I totally just rambled on and on. I would like to think that just about everything I’ve said is hypothetical, and I actually tend to have a positive outlook on things, which is why above I said I have usually had a hard time taking my parents seriously when they talk about things like this. Regardless, our country needs a lot of prayers right now. Heck, the whole world does.

I guess it’s understandable for the bulbs in DC who put this together to confuse mass murder and praying at Mass. They do both have the same word.

I think they are afraid of our weapons of Mass destruction: Augustinian Cannons and Roman missiles.

And tanks be to God.

Sure. :rolleyes:

Maybe now they’ll take us off Janet Napolitano’s “potential terrorist list” for being Orthodox Catholics in opposition to abortion.

I consider the Pentagon to be a nest of dangerous extremists.

Am I jumping to conclusions and “reading” to much into this?, maybe…but step back and take an objective look around you.

I don’t worry, I am a donkey, and donkeys live a very long time

I think they are afraid of our weapons of Mass destruction: Augustinian Cannons and Roman missiles.

And tanks be to God.

OMg Lazarus that is awesome.

I prefer automatic weapons (preferably belt-fed) [they are still legal in the U.S.] however I am guilty of the sin of overly reliance on self, and expect be snuffed by hubris before adequately defending myself.

Thomas Jefferson in the Declaration of Independence wrote “all experience hath shewn
that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by
abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and
usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security
” [5].

All those that think that does not involve an ongoing assessment best kill-themselves, for history has long proven those that do not do not enjoy the end that they come-to.

old news

blog of a talk show

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.