People of all times

Hello,
I'm looking for scripture and/or books that will help my understanding/strengthen my faith that God is God of all people of all time, that He is beyond time and space, and particularly that Jesus is Saviour of all people of all time.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Karen

I don't know if this would suit your purpose, but Jeremiah 6:16 is a favorite of mine:

This is what the Lord says:
“Stand at the crossroads and look,
ask for the ancient paths,
ask where the good way is,
and walk in it,
and you will find rest for your souls."

Have you read the Catechism of the Catholic Church? Take just one of the four sections at a time. Take it slowly and look up the Scripture passages that are referenced to go with it. Part 1 goes through the Apostles’ Creed. In that you will be reading of “I believe in God the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth”. After that comes “And in **Jesus Christ **His only Son our Lord, …”

The Catechism is great and beautifully written.
I having a hard cover book if I’m going to be reading for more than 5+ minutes; I just find it easier to stop and ponder thought provoking words with a book rather than when I read them on a computer. However, if you do not have the Catechism book, you can access it on line here. vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/_INDEX.HTM

A set of books I very much enjoyed and found helpful was titled “In Conversation with God”. There are 7 small volumes which contain a reading for each day based on the Scripture passages used in the Mass. * It is excellent*. Incorporates Scripture exegesis, Church teachings, quotes from saints, practical application, … Unfortunately it’s a little pricey to buy all 7 volumes at once. But if you can afford it, I don’t think you’ll ever regret the purchase.
catholiccompany.com/conversation-god-complete-7-vol-set-p1003440/?sku=1003440&AID=178&utm_source=google&utm_medium=products&utm_campaign=In+Conversation+With+God±+Complete+7+Vol.+Set&gclid=CPrZ4cHnibcCFao-MgoddSkA6w

Thanks Nita; especially for the wise advice of taking one section at a time on the Catechism - I need to do that, no matter how long it takes. I think one of my problems is I’ve always just picked it up and read random sections here and there. Thanks again,
Karen

Beautiful words; thank you Bonnie.

=Karen1996;10726347]Hello,
I’m looking for scripture and/or books that will help my understanding/strengthen my faith that God is God of all people of all time, that He is beyond time and space, and particularly that Jesus is Saviour of all people of all time.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Karen

Hi Karen,

While God is the “Redeemer” fo all peoples of all-time:

Meaning that the Terms “Redeemer and Savior” are not identically the same.

By the Incarnation; Life; Death and Ressurection Chrisr DID “Redeem” all of humanity. This means that Heaven had been locked as one of the effects of Original Sin; and by these ACTS; once again became open and a conditional- “Possibility”

While ALL salvation that does occour; is and must be through Christ, it nevertheless is Highly Conditional.

Acts.16: 17 “She followed Paul and us, crying, “These men are servants of the Most High God, who proclaim to you the way of salvation.”

Phil.2: 12 “Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;”

Heb.5: 9 “and being made perfect he became the source of eternal salvation to all who obey him,”

These indicate that salvation IS A PROCESS; not ever just one thing such as “Faith Alone”. FAITH is an essential element as are:

Baptism: John 3:5

Complete Obedience to the Commandments: Mt. 19: 16-17

Obedience to the Catholic Church on ALL matters of Faith and Morals: Mk. 16:14-15; Mt. 28:18-20; 2 John 8-9; 2 Thess. 1:8; Acts 20:28; Rom. 13:2; Lk. 10:16; 1 John 4:4; Jn. 10:16 and Eph. 2: 19-20 is just soem of this evidence.

In Order to ACCESS heaven we; in emmulation of our God MUST be “perfect” or Perfected.

**Matt.5: 48 “You, therefore, must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect. Matt.19:21 Jesus said to him, “If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me.” John.17:23 **“I in them and thou in me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that thou hast sent me and hast loved them even as thou hast loved me.” : **Rom.12: 2 **“Do not be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that you may prove what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect”

THEREFORE Forgivesness of all Mortal sins is ESSENTIAL; and the only manner Christ commands and Mandates is through the CC:

John.20 Verses 20 to 23" When he had said this, he showed them his hands and his side. Then the disciples were glad when they saw the Lord. Jesus said to them again, “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, even so I send you.” And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained”

Christ as our God and Perfect God does DESIRE that everyone be saved; BUT it is up to us individually to accept God’s Call; GOD"S WAY! Amen:thumbsup:

I particularly like this short phrase from Ezekiel18:4** “Behold, all souls are mine;” **

Here are some more along that same line – that all belong to God.

Ps 24:1 The earth is the LORD’S and the fulness thereof, the world and those who dwell therein;

Ps 50:10-12 For every beast of the forest is mine, the cattle on a thousand hills. I know all the birds of the air, and all that moves in the field is mine, …for the world and all that is in it is mine.

Isaiah 45:20-23: "Assemble yourselves and come, draw near together, you survivors of the nations! … Turn to me and be saved, all the ends of the earth! For I am God, and there is no other. By myself I have sworn, from my mouth has gone forth in righteousness a word that shall not return: ‘To me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear,’ "

Jeremiah 27:5 “It is I who by my great power and my outstretched arm have made the earth, with the men and animals that are on the earth, and I give it to whomever it seems right to me.”

Malachi: For from the rising of the sun to its setting my name is great among the nations, and in every place incense is offered to my name, and a pure offering; for my name is great among the nations, says the LORD of hosts.

Isaiah: On this mountain the LORD of hosts will make for all peoples a feast of fat things, a feast of wine on the lees, of fat things full of marrow, of wine on the lees well refined. 7 And he will destroy on this mountain the covering that is cast over all peoples, the veil that is spread over all nations. 8* He will swallow up death for ever, and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from all faces...

Let not the foreigner who has joined himself to the LORD say, "The LORD will surely separate me from his people"; and let not the eunuch say, "Behold, I am a dry tree." 4 For thus says the LORD: "To the eunuchs who keep my sabbaths, who choose the things that please me and hold fast my covenant, 5 I will give in my house and within my walls a monument and a name better than sons and daughters; I will give them an everlasting name which shall not be cut off. 6 "And the foreigners who join themselves to the LORD, to minister to him, to love the name of the LORD, and to be his servants, every one who keeps the sabbath, and does not profane it, and holds fast my covenant-- 7* these I will bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer; their burnt offerings and their sacrifices will be accepted on my altar; for my house shall be called a house of prayer for all peoples. 8 Thus says the Lord GOD, who gathers the outcasts of Israel, I will gather yet others to him besides those already gathered."

Bump

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.