People of Lesbos take gay group to court over term 'Lesbian'

tinyurl.com/4y97ut

**People of Lesbos take gay group to court over term ‘Lesbian’

** ATHENS, Greece (AP) – A Greek court has been asked to draw the line between the natives of the Aegean Sea island of Lesbos and the world’s gay women.

Three islanders from Lesbos - home of the ancient poet Sappho, who praised love between women - have taken a gay rights group to court for using the word lesbian in its name.

One of the plaintiffs said Wednesday that the name of the association, Homosexual and Lesbian Community of Greece, “insults the identity” of the people of Lesbos, who are also known as Lesbians.

It’s good to see that lawsuit-insanity is spreading to the rest of the world :smiley:

[quote=didymus;3627550
]It’s good to see that lawsuit-insanity is spreading to the rest of the world :smiley:
[/quote]

We need to spread that “insanity” around the world :stuck_out_tongue:

My favorite lines from the article:

“My sister can’t say she is a Lesbian,” said Dimitris Lambrou.

and

The Homosexual and Lesbian Community of Greece could not be reached for comment.

I could certainly understand why it would be awkward for a young, straight woman to be from Lesbos.

I don’t think that this island will win its case. After all how are you going to prevent people from using the term lesbians for homosexual women?

I think that if the island folks win, it will force any community within the jurisdiction to stop using the term Lesbian as coinciding with female homosexual. It’s an interesting idea, but since it’s in Greece, I have no clue of the legal merits. I wonder what would happen if Lesbos was an American Island, like St. Thomas as far as this kind of litigation?

Its about time the people of that island stood up to the perverts and sexual deviants.

I hope they win their case.

Its about time we started calling female homophiles, homophiles and sexual deviants, because that is what they are.

Sexual deviants should not be allowed to steal and misuse the names of other peoples.

I for one support the people of the island of lesbos, that is why i never use the words “gay” or “lesbian” to refer to sodomites.

Maybe the Vatican could sue gay groups for misuse of the Rainbow.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.