Pepsi boycott/Supporting groups pushing for homosexual "marriage"

The Pepsi company (Pepsi Cola, Frito Lay products, Gatorade, etc.) is supporting homosexual groups pushing for homosexual “marriage.” There is currently a boycott against Pepsi products: Please go to: boycottpepsico.com/

Please pray the Pepsi company begins to follow God’s laws re. homosexuality.

You know who else breathes? Sodomites!

Maybe we should boycott breathing so air can follow God’s laws re. homosexuality.

Sarcasm doesn’t appropriately address this issue. The Church teaches that same sex attraction is not the problem. It is acting out on those desires. The Church is opposed to premarital sex for the same reasons.

As to “same sex marriage”, the Church teaches that those individuals have the “right” to marry–to a member of the opposite sex. God did not either make individuals for this purpose, which involves personal gratification, or to legislate such conduct.

I would encourage you to read Pope John Paul’s Theology of the Body. It is an excellent treatise of Catholic philosophy.

I couldn’t have said it better myself. AMEN!!

Sometimes I wonder about certain postings on a Catholic forum. Astroturfing?? Either that, or they have never studied Church teaching. Haven’t read the book you mentioned, yet, but I hear it’s excellent. Thanks!

I called them and the rep said they’re not pushing for gay agenda and neither did they gave a single dollar to support Prop. 8. Who’s right :confused:

I told him that the corporation should clarify where they stand on the issue if the claims are false.

Please see this website:
boycottpepsico.com/

Just adding that on the website it states Pepsi gave $500,000. to the HRC (Human Rights Campaign), the largest and most powerful gay lobbying group in America. The company also gave $500,000. to PFLAG (Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays.
After Pepsi gave the money to HRC, HRC gave $2.3 million to oppose CA’s Prop 8, an initiative which defined marriage as being between one man and one woman. Pepsi also has its employees attend sexual orientation and gender identity diversity training, where they are taught to accept homosexuality.
Also note the commercials mentioned, which I believe were shown in the UK and Canada.

Seems a bit hard to believe, then, that there are no connections…

I viewed the site before I called them. The rep talked as if Pepsi wasn’t guilty of any of the claims mentioned and he said something about the ad shown in UK was not their doing. You should call in and see what you’ll hear if you haven’t already.

I called them, and they were very polite and said they’d forward my concerns to the PepsiCo chairman - maybe it’s because I politely stated my concerns in the call?

I won’t be boycotting Pepsi, though I do prefer Coke.

qq peeps, do you guys know any gay people?

Yes, sure do.

I got the very same response.

I know a few gay people but that doesn’t mean that I condone their lifestyle.

That said, are there alternatives to Diet Mountain Dew that a person can buy? :shrug::confused: Preferably similar tasting alternatives. Diet Mountain Dew is about all me and my best friend ever drink.

Not sure about alternatives to Diet Mt. Dew, but some of the generic brands are suprisingly good.

Yup–we can still “hate the sin but love the sinner” and how sad that anyone who sincerely follows God’s laws is instantly negatively labeled.
We know many of those who struggle with homosexuality have a heavy cross to bear. There is an organizaton approved by the Church which is a type of support group for homosexual individuals, encouraging them to live chaste lives. Much as some people would like to paint it that way (negatively),it doesn’t exactly sound “homophobic” but rather, sounds supportive and loving.

Yes. I have known and have friends that have SSA they just are not acting on their SSA. Do you know what the Catholic Church teaches on the subject?

I already boycott Pepsi, because their new logo:

reminds me too much of this one:

http://www.barackobama.com/images/widgets/Obama08_ThumbLogo200.gif

Good point. If that’s the case, (by that I mean if it’s an intentional connection), they’ve lost me as a customer for good.

It’s too true: what’s happened to our country?? I feel like all common sense has been hijacked. Keep praying!

Giving up Pepsi here too… I’ll just finish my remaining supply and will now drink water and fruit juice. Good excuse for me to go on a healthy binge.

I know friends who have SSA. They carry very heavy crosses and have asked for my prayers to help them along the way.

Cheers,
Ben

After some thought, I cannot support this boycott.

Pepsico sponsors Jeff Gordon’s No. 24 (Pepsi) and Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s No. 88 (Mountain Dew) Chevrolets in NASCAR’s Sprint Cup circuit. There are priorities here.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.