Pepsi Facebook Page Offensive

Has anyone seen this?

facebook.com/pepsi

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/404942_10150665580119050_56381779049_11514488_743151031_n.jpg

I just cannot get myself to be upset about it. It’s a goblet not a chalice used at consecration.

Agreed.

What’s offensive about it??

Watch any Movie of the “merry ole days” of kings and courts and you are likely to see drinking vessels similar to this one - variously bedecked and bejeweled.

Peace
James

Have you ever been to a Renaissance Festival? If so, you likely have seen various characters consuming their beverages of choice from goblets similar to that.

When he was small, my son had a plastic goblet he drank from that had fake jewels on it.

I concur. IMNAAHO. This is not a reference to the Eucharistic chalice. It’s an association between the product and “royal” quality.

Again IMNAAHO, the “humor” doesn’t work well, but it’s not offensive. ICXC NIKA

**It’s not offensive unless/until the Catholic League says it is. **

If SNL can rip on the Catholic Church by name and nobody utters a peep about it, then a Renaissance-era cup (isn’t that from the Super Bowl commercial?) would be ok, too.

Maybe the OP is more of a Coke drinker;)

It looks like the Goblet that they serve you “The Royal Pepsi” in when you go to Medieval Times!

Haven’t you seen the Elton John TV ad that this references?

Take a deep breath, and find bigger fish to fry!

Yep, this. The Superbowl ad was hilarious!

I don’t find that offensive. However, the picture of a girl that was immodest and holding a Pepsi is offensive to me.

Gee, I’m more upset that I’ve never seen a jewel-encrusted chalice in church in my whole life (49+).

This is not offensive. It’s a goblet and a Pepsi can.

It makes me want to watch Monty Python and the Holy Grail again.

But with Dr. Pepper, 'cause it’s better. :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t find it offensive, it reminds me of the time I went to the Renaissance Fair a long time ago.

Can I get a knife or fork?

sigh There were no utensils in medieval times, hence there are no utensils AT Medieval Times. Would you like a refill on that Pepsi?

There were no utensils but there was Pepsi?

Dude, I got a lot of tables.

Love Cable Guy!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.