PepsiCo gives $500,000 to promote the gay agenda in workplace

Pepsi is my favorite soft drink, but I guess I’ll be drinking water or Coke now:

Company ignores two requests from AFA to discuss Pepsi’s support of gay groups.

Pepsi has given Parents and Friends of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG) a half-million dollars to help push the homosexual agenda in the workplace.

Pepsi has a long tradition of financial support for homosexual groups. According to Jacqueline Millan, director of PepsiCo Corporate Contributions, “We are delighted to continue our partnership with PFLAG…(in) promoting the necessary message of inclusion to untapped groups…and that is a crucial step toward building a healthy working environment.”

more…

Can anyone tell me what exactly the “homosexual agenda in the workplace” is?

Extra recognition of gay workers, gay workers getting special lunches, workers getting trained in “gay tolerance”, etc. It’s really sick and undermines the dignity of other workers; you should not be recognized in work for your sexuality but for your performance and loyalty to the workplace/company/corporation/agency, etc.

Extra recognition? I don’t think it’s “extra recognition” being sought as much as a desire for others to recognize that a person’s sexuality shouldn’t disqualify them from a job.

gay workers getting special lunches

WHAT!? Where did you see that?

workers getting trained in “gay tolerance”

Tolerance of gay sex or tolerence of gay persons? I’d say there is a huge difference between the two. Has anyone here ever had to take a course on just “gay tolerance”? And if so, did it include that you must tolerate gay sex? My job requires a course on not discriminating for any reason: color, religion, sexual orientation, etc. etc. I don’t see a problem with that.

It’s really sick and undermines the dignity of other workers

Do you feel that tolerance of people you disagree with in the workplace undermines your dignity?

you should not be recognized in work for your sexuality but for your performance and loyalty to the workplace/company/corporation/agency, etc.

Exactly. I couldn’t agree more.

Who here would boycott a plumber b/c he was a homosexual, or a heterosexual who happened to support gay rights? I hope no one. That would be prejudice and unfair. It’s also unfair to boycott PepsiCo b/c the people that run it disagree with you or make choices different from what you believe. It may be OK to personally choose to not drink Pepsi or personally choose to stay away from homosexual plumbers or plumbers who support the homosexual human rights agenda, but it’s not OK to start a campaign to deprive someone of their livelihood just because he is a homosexual or has different political views. Same goes for PepsiCo. Economic pressure on PepsiCo means less revenue, meaning they may have to cut costs, including jobs. If they cut other capital expenditures, then these capital would be formed by jobs so jobs are going to be hurt no matter what. You would be hurting employees not even related to PepsiCo.

Do you try to “bring down” a person who has a political view you disagree with? No. Then why do you do it for corporate persons? It affects real persons just as much.

Would you like it if homosexuals urged people to boycott candy made by Catholic monasteries in protest of the church’s political views on gay marriage? Or if pro-choicers did so due to abortion? You may laugh but that is the livelihood for many monks. What if it included boycotting insurers who chose to insure dioceses against sexual abuse?

People didn’t like it when people protested infront of Mormon churches and other Christian churches. Many of these (Mormon church for one) are corporations. Catholic Church is too. Just like PepsiCo. Coroporations like PepsiCo have values. Google says “do no evil”.

People should not be punished for thinking. And that’s what these boycotts do. People think and happen to end up disagreeing with you. By boycotting you are saying you can think all you want as long as you agree with me.

If this is another “let’s boycott” product xyz because they promote the “gay agenda”. Let me inform you…“there is no gay agenda”…only in the mind of some folks.

I have asked for list from the “boycott” crowd of things to boycott sanctioned by the Church…and so far “nothing”.

I work for Uncle Sam. We have annual training on what constitutes a hostile work environment and harrassment in the workplace. We are told that persons cannot be harrassed because of the sexual origin. Basically, it’s no one’s business.

There are no lunches promoting sexual orientation.

I like Pepsi…I like diet coke better. I will not boycott Pepsi.

oh and jfhh…great post!

Just in case your wondering what has been boycotted by some on CAF…I’ll give you a small list

Starbucks—because they contribute to PPH
FORD—gay agenda
McDonald’s—gay agenda
DisneyWorld/Land----gay agenda
Some cruise lines----gay agenda
Susan Komen for the Cure-----because they contribute to PPH

Wal-Mart—varied reasons

San Franscisco, there was thread about boycotting the whole city…in otherwords…don’t go there

Progresso Soup—because it sponsors the Susan G Komen foundation----who sponsors PPH

Apple Computers—gay agenda
Miller Beer—gay agenda
Hallmark Cards—gay agenda

Also, before jumping on the boycott bandwagon…

snopes.com is a good source to check first.:smiley:

This is hard, I really like mountain dew. Oh well for the dew.

From the PFLAG website:

Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG) believes that society at large benefits from an environment that supports committed stable relationships, including same-gender committed relationships, which provide mutual emotional, social, financial, legal and medical support. PFLAG, therefore, supports revision of federal and state statutes to extend to persons in same-gender committed relationships the right to marry with the full legal rights and benefits, as well as responsibilities and obligations.

This is a board for Catholics. Catholics are against same-sex marriage. Pepsi gave $500,000 to a group that is fighting for same-sex marriage ‘rights’. Some of us are boycotting Pepsi for that reason.

Who here would boycott a plumber b/c he was a homosexual, or a heterosexual who happened to support gay rights?

I hope no one. That would be prejudice and unfair.

It’s also unfair to boycott PepsiCo b/c the people that run it disagree with you or make choices different from what you believe.

It may be OK to personally choose to not drink Pepsi or personally choose to stay away from homosexual plumbers or plumbers who support the homosexual human rights agenda, but it’s not OK to start a campaign to deprive someone of their livelihood just because he is a homosexual or has different political views.

Same goes for PepsiCo. Economic pressure on PepsiCo means less revenue, meaning they may have to cut costs, including jobs. If they cut other capital expenditures, then these capital would be formed by jobs so jobs are going to be hurt no matter what. You would be hurting employees not even related to PepsiCo.

Do you try to “bring down” a person who has a political view you disagree with? No. Then why do you do it for corporate persons? It affects real persons just as much.

I would boycott them.

Life is about making choices.

If multi-billion dollar company XYZ throws half a million bucks and their well recognized corporate name supporting immorality I disagree with, I have every right in the world to stop buying their product or to organize a boycott of like minded consumers.

This applies to small businesses as well.

We are free to choose.

If the company and its employees suffer some sort of hardship because of this, that is part of the consequences of sin.

Hatred of one’s fellow man is never tolerable.

However, a **Just **intolerance of sin and immorality on the part of a Christian is virtuous.

Actually, this is a board for everyone. Its central topic is the Catholic faith.

And more than a third of Catholics voted for Proposition 8.
sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/11/05/MNH413UTUS.DTL

Doh! I should have typed that they voted against Prop 8. :blush:

I just have to ask:

How would you know if a plumber, real estate agent, bank CEO, traffic cop or your dog’s vet were homosexual?

You would not hire them…but how would you know?:shrug:

I would never discriminate like that. I don’t care if the people are gay, they still have a right to work. But if a business officially gives money to a cause I disagree with, I think thats fair reason to boycott them. It’s a different thing if the business owner gives money from his own personal income. At least that’s how I see it.

“Extra recognition? I don’t think it’s “extra recognition” being sought as much as a desire for others to recognize that a person’s sexuality shouldn’t disqualify them from a job.”

What kind of job are they applying for, that there is a question about their sexuality on the application?

"The greatest single victory of the gay movement over the past decade has been to shift the debate from behavior to identity, thus forcing opponents into a position where they can be seen as attacking the civil rights of homosexual citizens."
From The Homosexualization of America, by homosexual activist Dennis Altman.

The problem I see now, is this. Say there are two plumbers in town. One gay, one not. I have them come to the house to look over the job and give me an estimate and tell me about their qualifications. I feel that the one that is not gay is better qualified for the job. Has been a plumber longer, whatever. So I hire him. The gay plumber finds out and starts saying that I didn’t hire him because he was gay and is now going to sue me. People are going to be hired for jobs that they have no business having just because they are gay. It’s not right or fair.

A chaste homosexual has no need to reveal his SSA to you or anyone else. So then you would hire the one that gives you greater value.

That is right!

It’s not a matter of an application question. It’s a matter of someone being afraid at their workplace because of their own sexuality. Afraid for their jobs and possibly their safety. Unfortunately, I have one of those jobs. If I were to be honest about my sexuality I would be completely ridiculed at work (at best).

Buffalo, do you ever wonder why the “gay rights platform” is only published on anti-gay websites? Amazingly, it never appears on actual pro-gay websites or organizations (unless, of course, they’re in need of a good laugh). Doesn’t that strike you as odd? I noticed your link was from the AFA. The same place that not too long ago completely misquoted Dr. Francis Collins (the leader of the Human Genome Project and author of The Language of God). They claimed that Dr. Collins’s oppinion on the origins of homosexuality was completely the opposite of what it actually was. It makes one wonder, is that par for the course?

Have you got that memorized yet? :rolleyes: Thank you for sharing Dennis Altman’s opinion with us and for proving that he really IS a quack. Did you find that quote on a pro-gay website?

Unless, of course, he’s tired of listening to f@ggot jokes and pretending to not be offended.

Lord help us, says I! We sure need it.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.