Perfect: How? Now? or Later?

I’m wondering what this passage means about how to become perfect and when we become perfect:

Day after day every priest stands and performs his religious duties; again and again he offers the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. But when this priest had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God. Since that time he waits for his enemies to be made his footstool, because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy. (Hebrews 10:11-13)

If you know, i’d like to ask a few questions so i can know, too.

The Bible passage you quoted is talking about Jesus.
Only Jesus is perfect, we human beings with our fallen natures are not. However, we are all called to holiness. Working toward holiness is a call for now. To achieve it is a process, aiming for later. As followers of Jesus, we are all expected to model after the Master.

With teachings of Christ from the Bible, Sacraments, prayers, help from the Holy Spirit, classic works of Church Doctors, and our own resolution and efforts, working toward holiness is a daily call and a feasible project.

Here is a link of St. Francis de Sales’ teaching for a devout life.
catholictreasury.info/DevoutLife/Default.htm
I find St. Francis’ writing very detailed and very helpful.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.