Perpetual Prayer for Priests / Seminarians / Vocations 70

http://www.wf-f.org/WFFResource/IconPriesthood.jpg
Icon of the Priesthood (Monsignor Anthony La Femina

Most gracious Heavenly Father,
We thank you for our faithful priests and bishops, whose spiritual fatherhood and example of fidelity, self-sacrifice, and devotion is so vital to the faith of your people.
May our spiritual fathers be guided by the examples of Saints Peter and Paul, all the Apostles and their saintly successors. Give them valiant faith in the face of confusion and conflict, hope in time of trouble and sorrow, and steadfast love for you, for their families, and for all your people throughout the world. May the light of your Truth shine through their lives and their good works.
Assist all spiritual fathers, that through your Grace they may steadily grow in holiness and in knowledge and understanding of your Truth. May they generously impart this knowledge to those who rely on them.
Through Christ our Lord. Amen.

http://www.catholicprayercards.org/i/PRAYER%20CARD%20ART/Card_144_st_viannary-front.jpg

**Day 2: COMPLETE TRUST IN GOD **

Saint John Marie Baptist Vianney, what confidence the people had in your prayers! You could not leave your old rectory or your humble church without being surrounded by imploring souls, who appealed to you as they would have appealed to Jesus Himself during His earthly life. And you, O good Saint, gave them hope by your words, which were full of love for God.

You, who had always counted entirely on the heart of God, obtain for me a deep filial trust in His Providence. As the hope of divine goods fills my heart, give me courage and help me to always obey the Commandments of God.

Holy Priest of Ars, I have confidence in your intercession. Pray for me during this novena especially for all priests, espcially my pastor at this point in time.

**Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be.

Day 3: TRUE LOVE OF NEIGHBOR

Saint John Marie Baptist Vianney because of your love of God you showed great charity towards your neighbor. You could not preach on the Love of God without burning tears of love. During your last years, it seemed as though you could not talk about any thing else or live for anything else. Thus you sacrificed yourself to your neighbor by consoling, absolving and sanctifying them to the limits of your strength.

Your charity inspires me to greater love of God, a love which is shown more by acts then by words. Help me to love my neighbor generously as Christ loves them.
Holy Priest of Ars, I have confidence in your intercession. Pray for me during this novena especially for for all priests, espcially my pastor at this point in time.

**Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be. **

Day 4: HORROR OF SIN

Saint John Mary Baptist Vianney, you were so adamant against sin, yet so sympathetic and so ready to welcome the sinner. I come to you today as if you were still alive, as if I were kneeling at your feet and you could hear me. Bend towards me, listen to the repentant confidence for the weaknesses and miserable deeds of mine.

Priest of the Lord, inexhaustible Confessor, obtain for me the horror for sin. You wanted us First to avoid the occasion of sin. I want totake your advice and make the resolution to break bad habits and to avoid the dangerous occasions of sin. Help me today to examine my conscience.

Holy Priest of Ars, I have confidence in your intercession. Pray for me during this novena especially for all priests, espcially my pastor at this point in time.

*Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be. *

Day 5: CONFESSOR OF SOULS

O Holy Priest of Ars, you knew how important was a good confession for the Christian life. It was to procure the happy fruits of millions of souls that you agreed to be in an uncomfortable confessional, which was like a prison, up to 15 to 16 hours on certain days.

I will try to develop the habit of frequent confession, to prepare properly each time and to have always regret for my sins, so that the grace of final perseverance but also the sanctification of my soul will be assured. Ask this grace for me.

Holy Priest of Ars, I have confidence in your intercession. Pray for me during this novena especially for all priests, espcially my pastor at this point in time

Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be

Day 6: REAL PRESENCE

O Holy Priest of Ars, whose only comfort in this world was the real presence of Jesus in the tabernacle, was it not your great joy to distribute the Eucharist to the pilgrims who visited you? You refused Communion to the souls who refused to reform but to souls of goodwill you opened wide the doors of the Eucharistic Feast.

You, who each day at Holy Mass received Holy Communion with great love, give me some of your fervor. With freedom from mortal sin, obtain for me a sincere desire to profit from receiving Holy Communion.

Holy Priest of Ars, I have confidence in your intercession. Pray for me during this novena especially for all priests, espcially my pastor at this point in time

Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be.

**Day 7: DISPELLER OF SATAN **

O Holy Priest of Ars, the infamous attacks of the devil which you had to suffer and the trials which disheartened you by fatigue would not make you give up the sublime task of converting souls. The devil came to you for many years to disturb your short rest but you won because of mortification and prayers.

Powerful protector, you know the temptor’s desire to harm my baptized and believing soul. He would have me sin, by rejecting the Holy Sacraments and the life of virtue. But good Saint of Ars dispel from me the traces of the enemy.

***For all priests with particular intention for Fr.Timothy Cummings
and Fr.Joseph Illo.

"Prayer for Priests"

My God and Father in heaven, that night in the Garden, on the
Mount of Olives, Your Son told Peter: " Do you think that I
cannot appeal to my Father, who will promptly send more than
twelve legions of angels to my defense?". ( Matt. 26:53 ).

Father, we ask You now: send twelve legions of angels with
chalices of strength out into the Gethsemene of the Holy Church
to defend and assist our priests, who, strengthened by the
power and presence of these angels, may faithfully fulfill their
priestly missions. Amen.

"Prayer for Vocations"

O God, who have chosen the apostles to make disciples
of all nations and who by Baptism and Confirmation have
called us to build up Your Holy Church, we earnestly implore
You to choose from among us, Your children, many priests,
deacons and religious brothers and sisters who will love You
with their whole heart and will gladly spend their entire lives
to make You known and loved by all. Amen.

~ Archdiocese of Winnipeg

Opus Sanctorum Angelorum ~ Chalice of Strength ]

"St. Dominics Blessing"

May God the Father Bless us,
May God the Son heal us,
May God the Holy Spirit enlighten us.
Give us eyes to see with, ears to hear with
and hands to do the work of God.
Give us feet to walk with and a mouth to
preach His words of love and salvation.
May the angel of peace watch over us, and
lead us at last by our Lords gifts to His
Eternal Kingdom.

Through Christ our Lord, Amen.

Day 8: EXQUISITE PURITY

O Holy Priest of Ars, a witness of your life made this magnificent praise of you:
'We would have taken him for an angel in a mortal body."

You so edified others: the modesty and the exquisite purity radiated from your body. With such charm and with such enthusiasm you preached to others about these beautiful virtues which you said resembled the perfume of a vineyard in bloom.

Please I beg you to join your entreaties to those of Mary Immaculate and Saint Philomena in order that I guard always, as God asks me, the purity of my heart. You, who have directed so many souls towards the heights of virtue, defend me in temptations and obtain for me the strength to conquer them.

and Fr.Joseph Illo.

"Prayer for Priests"

priestly missions. Amen.

"Prayer for Vocations"

"St. Dominics Blessing"

May God the Son heal us,
Eternal Kingdom.

Day 9: DESIRE FOR HEAVEN
O Holy Priest of Ars, your precious remains are contained in a magnificent reliquary, the donation from the priests of France. But this earthly glory is only a very pale image of the unspeakable glory which you are enjoying with God. During the time you were on earth, you used to repeat in your dejected hours, 'one will rest in the other life." It is done, you are in eternal peace, and eternal happiness.
I desire to follow you one day. Until then, I hear you saying to me:
"You should work and fight as long as you are in the world."

Teach me then to work for the salvation of my soul, to spread the good news and good example and to do good towards those around me in order that I will receive the happiness of the Elect with you.

Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be.

O St John Vianney, Patron of Priests, pray for us and for all priests!

and Fr.Joseph Illo.

"Prayer for Priests"

priestly missions. Amen.

"Prayer for Vocations"

"St. Dominics Blessing"

May God the Son heal us,
Eternal Kingdom.

and Fr.Joseph Illo.

"Prayer for Priests"

priestly missions. Amen.

"Prayer for Vocations"

"St. Dominics Blessing"

May God the Son heal us,
Eternal Kingdom.

Novena to St. John Vianney for Priests

First Day
St. John Vianney, Who Accepted the Cross

[LEFT]O holy priest of Ars, as a young seminarian you encountered many obstacles on the road to the Priesthood, but you realized that to suffer was to suffer with Christ on Calvary, and so, if following our Lord meant taking up His cross, you lovingly embraced it. Your motto in life became loving while suffering and suffering in order to love. You did not get discouraged, but your strong faith united you closer to Jesus every day of your life. Oh great St. John Vianney, you know what is needed for Father __________________’s salvation--a strong faith able to accept the will of God in all things. To serve Christ, he too must take up his cross and follow Him. By your prayers, obtain for him a heart full of courage and strength. Obtain for Father __________________ that same courage and strength to follow Jesus wholeheartedly even if it means following Him to Calvary. Intercede for him before the Lord that he may do the will of God, obey the commandments, and loyally love the Church, the Bride of Christ. Recite the Novena Prayer.
[/LEFT]
Novena Prayer

O holy Priest of Ars, St. John Marie Vianney, you loved God and served Him faithfully as His Priest. Now you see God face to face in heaven. You never despaired but persevered in your faith until you died. Remember now the dangers, fears and anxieties that surround Father ___________________ and intercede for him in all his needs and troubles especially console him in his most difficult moments, grant him serenity in the midst of crisis, and protect him from evil. O St. John Vianney, I have confidence in your intercession. Pray for Father ____________________ in a special way during this novena.

and Fr.Joseph Illo.

“Prayer for Priests”

priestly missions. Amen.

“Prayer for Vocations”

“St. Dominics Blessing”

May God the Son heal us,
Eternal Kingdom.

Second Day
St. John Vianney, Full of Zeal for Souls

[LEFT]
O holy Priest of Ars, you taught men to pray daily: “O my God, come to me, so that You may dwell in me and I may dwell in You.” Your life was the very living out of this prayer. The divine life of grace abided in you. Your zeal for the salvation of souls was manifested by your total self-surrender to God, which was expressed in your selfless service to others. You gave of yourself unreservedly in the confessional, at the altar, in the classroom, in fact, in every action you performed. O great St. John Vianney, obtain for Father ________________ the realization that God also dwells in him when he is free of sin. Remind him that the salvation of his soul is the fulfillment of his existence. Awaken in him a sense of self-giving for the salvation of souls. Obtain for Father __________, by your intercession, a zeal for souls like your zeal. May he see that God dwells in him and in his fellow men. Obtain for him from our Lord the grace to lead all men to salvation. Let your prayer be his: “If you really love God, you will greatly desire to see Him loved by all the world.” [/LEFT]

Novena Prayer

O holy Priest of Ars, St. John Marie Vianney, you loved God and served Him faithfully as His Priest. Now you see God face to face in heaven. You never despaired but persevered in your faith until you died. Remember now the dangers, fears and anxieties that surround Father ___________________ and intercede for him in all his needs and troubles especially console him in his most difficult moments, grant him serenity in the midst of crisis, and protect him from evil. O St. John Vianney, I have confidence in your intercession. Pray for Father ____________________ in a special way during this novena.

[quote="Shoshana, post:16, topic:199223"]
Second Day
St. John Vianney, Full of Zeal for Souls

[LEFT]
O holy Priest of Ars, you taught men to pray daily: “O my God, come to me, so that You may dwell in me and I may dwell in You.” Your life was the very living out of this prayer. The divine life of grace abided in you. Your zeal for the salvation of souls was manifested by your total self-surrender to God, which was expressed in your selfless service to others. You gave of yourself unreservedly in the confessional, at the altar, in the classroom, in fact, in every action you performed. O great St. John Vianney, obtain for Father ________________ the realization that God also dwells in him when he is free of sin. Remind him that the salvation of his soul is the fulfillment of his existence. Awaken in him a sense of self-giving for the salvation of souls. Obtain for Father __________, by your intercession, a zeal for souls like your zeal. May he see that God dwells in him and in his fellow men. Obtain for him from our Lord the grace to lead all men to salvation. Let your prayer be his: “If you really love God, you will greatly desire to see Him loved by all the world.” [/LEFT]

Novena Prayer

[/quote]

and Fr.Joseph Illo.

"Prayer for Priests"

priestly missions. Amen.

"Prayer for Vocations"

"St. Dominics Blessing"

May God the Son heal us,
Eternal Kingdom.

Third Day
St. John Vianney, Adorer of the Blessed Sacrament

[LEFT]
O holy Priest of Ars, you had such an overwhelming love for Christ in the Blessed Sacrament that you prayed for hours in His presence. You said that “when our Lord sees them coming eagerly to visit Him in the Blessed Sacrament, He smiles upon them. They come with that simplicity which pleases Him so much.” O Saint of the Eucharist, may your example enkindle in Father ____________ a deeper love for Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament. By your prayers, never let him doubt Christ’s Real Presence, but obtain for him a firm faith rooted in the Eucharist. Help him not to be afraid to defend or preach Christ’s Real Presence in the Blessed Sacrament. Obtain for him the grace to approach our Lord with simplicity of heart as he lays his soul’s innermost thoughts before Jesus’ Sacred Heart. Keep Father ___________________ under your continual protection, that he may be supported by your example and assistance and be faithfully devoted to Christ in the Blessed Sacrament. May his life reflect the belief of our Lord’s abiding presence with us. O St. John Vianney, by the power of your intercession, give us Priests devoted to the holy Sacrament of the Altar. Recite the Novena Prayer.

Novena Prayer

O holy Priest of Ars, St. John Marie Vianney, you loved God and served Him faithfully as His Priest. Now you see God face to face in heaven. You never despaired but persevered in your faith until you died. Remember now the dangers, fears and anxieties that surround Father ___________________ and intercede for him in all his needs and troubles especially console him in his most difficult moments, grant him serenity in the midst of crisis, and protect him from evil. O St. John Vianney, I have confidence in your intercession. Pray for Father ____________________ in a special way during this novena. [/LEFT]

**Fourth Day
**St. John Vianney, Greatly Devoted to Our Blessed Mother

O holy Priest of Ars, your life was consecrated to the Blessed Mother. You prayed earnestly to her, entrusting your Priesthood to her care. You begged all the faithful to pray the rosary, the favorite prayer of Mary, our Mother. You summed up the reason for your great love of our Lady by saying: “We have only to turn to the Blessed Mother to be heard. Her heart is all love.” O great John Vianney, I ask you with all my heart through the merits of Jesus and the intercession of Mary, the Virgin Mother to make Father ____________’s life patterned after that of our heavenly Mother, full of love for God and his neighbor. Obtain for him a deeper love for our Lady and a filial confidence in her. She is the person to whom he can turn in times of distress when lonely or upset or in times of temptation. Inspire Father __________________ to consecrate his life to his Mother in heaven. May he know the powerful protection of Mary’s Mantle all the days of his life. Recite the Novena Prayer.

Novena Prayer

*For all priests with particular intention for Fr.Timothy Cummings
and Fr.Joseph Illo.

“Prayer for Priests”

priestly missions. Amen.

“Prayer for Vocations”

“St. Dominics Blessing”

May God the Son heal us,
Eternal Kingdom.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.