Perpetual Prayer Thread for our Beloved Priests-#4

Daily Prayer for Priests

O Almighty, Eternal God, look upon the Face of Your Son and for love of Him, who is the Eternal High Priest, have pity on Your Priests. Remember, O most compassionate God, that they are but weak and frail human beings. Stir up in them the grace of their vocation which is in them by the imposition of the bishop’s hands. Keep them close to You, lest the enemy prevail against them, so that they may never do anything in the slightest degree unworthy of their sublime vocation.Eternal Father i offer to you, the most precious blood of your Divine son, our Lord Jesus Christ, in union with the masses being said this day all over the world for
Your faithful and fervent priests; for your unfaithful and tepid priests; for Your priests laboring at home or abroad in distant mission fields; for Your tempted priests; for the lonely and desolate priests; for Your young priests; for Your dying priests; for the souls of Your priests in purgatory, for your misguided priests
Oh my Jesus, I commend to you our beloved Pope Francis and pope emeritus , Fr T,M.T,J,J,P,A and all the priests dearest to me, the priest who baptized me, the priests who have absolved me from my sins, the priests whose masses I have assisted and who have offered me Your Body and Blood in Holy Communion, the priests who have taught and instructed me or helped and encouraged me, and the priests to whom I am indebted in any other way and especially the priests that i disagree with.
O Jesus, keep them all close to Your Heart, and bless them abundantly in time and in eternity. Amen.
Mary, Queen of Apostles, pray for us and obtain for us many faithful and holy priests.
Amen.

Saint Faustina’s Prayer for Priests

O My Jesus, I beg You on behalf of the whole Church:
grant it love and the light of Your Spirit, give power to the words of priests
so that hardened hearts might be brought to repentance
and return to You.
Lord, give us holy priests;
You Yourself maintain them in holiness.
O Divine and Great High Priest, may the power of Your Mercy
accompany them everywhere and protect them from the devil’s
traps and snares which are continually being set for the souls of priests
May the power of Your Mercy, O Lord, shatter and bring to naught
all that might tarnish the sanctity of priests, for You can do all things

Amen

…joining you in prayer.
May God bless our priests abundantly,
Mary.

Lord hear our Prayer!

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen

praying.

Holy Michael the Archangel defend us in the day of battle.
Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host,
by the Power of God,
thrust down to hell, satan and all the wicked spirits,
who wander through the world for the ruin of souls.
Amen.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession and was left forsaken. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you I come, before you I stand, a sorrowful sinner. Despise not my words, O Mother of the Word, but in your mercy, hear and answer me.
Amen

Prayed and will continue to pray for our priests.

Hail Mary,
Full of grace,
The Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou amoungst women,
And blessed is the fruit of Thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners,
Now and at the hour of death,

Amen
:crossrc:

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Lord Jesus, thank you for establishing the priesthood. Thank you for giving us such fine priests. Thank you especially for the priests in my parish, FR VW, FR TY, and FR JS. Please fill all priests with your spirit, help them lead their flocks and keep them free from all harm. Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace.
Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, mother of God,
Pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Our Father, who art in heaven.
Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come.
Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Daily Prayer for Priests

O Almighty, Eternal God, look upon the Face of Your Son and for love of Him, who is the Eternal High Priest, have pity on Your Priests. Remember, O most compassionate God, that they are but weak and frail human beings. Stir up in them the grace of their vocation which is in them by the imposition of the bishop’s hands. Keep them close to You, lest the enemy prevail against them, so that they may never do anything in the slightest degree unworthy of their sublime vocation.Eternal Father i offer to you, the most precious blood of your Divine son, our Lord Jesus Christ, in union with the masses being said this day all over the world for
Your faithful and fervent priests; for your unfaithful and tepid priests; for Your priests laboring at home or abroad in distant mission fields; for Your tempted priests; for the lonely and desolate priests; for Your young priests; for Your dying priests; for the souls of Your priests in purgatory, for your misguided priests
Oh my Jesus, I commend to you our beloved Pope Francis and pope emeritus , Fr T,M.T,J,J,P,A and all the priests dearest to me, the priest who baptized me, the priests who have absolved me from my sins, the priests whose masses I have assisted and who have offered me Your Body and Blood in Holy Communion, the priests who have taught and instructed me or helped and encouraged me, and the priests to whom I am indebted in any other way and especially the priests that i disagree with.
O Jesus, keep them all close to Your Heart, and bless them abundantly in time and in eternity. Amen.
Mary, Queen of Apostles, pray for us and obtain for us many faithful and holy priests.
Amen.

and return to You.

Amen

His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI’s Prayer for Priests

LORD JESUS CHRIST,
eternal High Priest, you offered yourself to the Father on the altar of the Cross and through the outpouring of the Holy Spirit gave your priestly people a share in your redeeming sacrifice.

Hear our prayer for the sanctification of our priests. Grant that all who are ordained to the ministerial priesthood may be ever more conformed to you, the divine Master. May they preach the Gospel with pure heart and clear conscience.

Let them be shepherds according to your own Heart, single-minded in service to you and to the Church and shining examples of a holy, simple and joyful life.

Through the prayers of the Blessed Virgin Mary, your Mother and ours, draw all priests and the flocks entrusted to their care to the fullness of eternal life where you live and reign with the Father and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. AMEN

BENEDICTUS PP. XVI

(specially composed for Worldpriest)

**++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

A Prayer for Priests**

Lord Jesus, you have chosen your priests from among us and sent them out to proclaim your word and to act in your name. For so great a gift to your Church, we give you praise and thanksgiving. We ask you to fill them with the fire of your love, that their ministry may reveal your presence in the Church. Since they are earthen vessels, we pray that your power shine out through their weakness. In their afflictions let them never be crushed; in their doubts never despair; in temptation never be destroyed; in persecution never abandoned. Inspire them through prayer to live each day the mystery of your dying and rising. In times of weakness send them your Spirit, and help them to praise your heavenly Father and pray for poor sinners. By the same Holy Spirit put your words on their lips and your love in their hearts, to bring good news to the poor and healing to the brokenhearted. And may the gift of Mary your mother, to the disciple whom you loved, be your gift to every priest. Grant that she who formed you in her human image, may form them in your divine image, by the power of your Spirit, to the glory of God the Father. Amen.

**Litany for Priests
Let us pray for the Holy Father: fill him with courage and grace, Lord.
Cardinals, archbishops, and bishops: give them a shepherd’s heart, Lord.
Diocesan priests: fill them with your Spirit, Lord.
Priests in religious orders: perfect them in their calling, Lord.
Priests who are ill: heal them, Lord.
Priests who are in danger: deliver them, Lord.
Priests who are weak: strengthen them, Lord.
Priests who are poor: relieve them, Lord.
Priests who have lost their zeal: renew them, Lord.
Priests who are sad: console them, Lord.
Priests who are worried: give them peace, Lord.
Priests who are old: sustain them, Lord.
Priests who are alone: accompany them, Lord.
Missionary priests: protect them, Lord.
Priests who are preachers: enlighten them, Lord.
Priests who direct souls: instruct them, Lord.
Priests and religious who have died: bring them to glory, Lord.

For all priests: give them Your wisdom and knowledge.
For all priests: give them Your understanding and counsel.
For all priests: give them reverence and awe of You.
For all priests: give them patience and love.
For all priests: give them obedience and kindness.
For all priests: give them a burning zeal for souls.
For all priests: give them virtues of faith, hope and love.
For all priests: give them an intense love for the Eucharist.
For all priests: give them loyalty to the Holy Father and their Bishops.
For all priests: give them respect for life and human dignity.
For all priests: give them integrity and justice.
For all priests: give them humility and generosity.
For all priests: give them strength in their labors.
For all priests: give them peace in their sufferings.
For all priests: give them great love for the Trinity.
For all priests: give them great love for Mary.
For all priests: let them be the light of Christ.
For all priests: let them be the salt of the earth.
For all priests: let them practice sacrifice and self-denial.
For all priests: let them be holy in body, mind and spirit.
For all priests: let them be men of prayer.
For all priests: may faith shine forth in them.
For all priests: may they be concerned for our salvation.
For all priests: may they be faithful to their priestly vocation.
For all priests: may their hands bless and heal.
For all priests: may they burn with love for you.
For all priests: may all their steps be for the glory of God.
For all priests: may the Holy Spirit fill them, and give them His gifts in abundance.

Let us pray.

Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, hear the prayers we offer for our priests. Let them know clearly the work that You are calling them to do. Grant them every grace to answer Your call with courage, love, and lasting dedication to Your will. We ask Mary’s intercession as their loving mother.

Amen.

:angel1:
Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come.
Amen.

Amen
:signofcross:

Lord Jesus, thank you for establishing the priesthood. Thank you for giving us such fine priests. Thank you especially for the priests in my parish, FR VW, FR TY, and FR JS. Please fill all priests with your spirit, help them lead their flocks and keep them free from all harm. Amen

Amen

Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come.
Amen.

Daily Prayer for Priests

Amen.

and return to You.

Amen

:angel1:
Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come.
Amen.

Amen
:signofcross:

Daily Prayer for Priests

Amen.

and return to You.

Amen

His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI’s Prayer for Priests

LORD JESUS CHRIST,
eternal High Priest, you offered yourself to the Father on the altar of the Cross and through the outpouring of the Holy Spirit gave your priestly people a share in your redeeming sacrifice.

Hear our prayer for the sanctification of our priests. Grant that all who are ordained to the ministerial priesthood may be ever more conformed to you, the divine Master. May they preach the Gospel with pure heart and clear conscience.

Let them be shepherds according to your own Heart, single-minded in service to you and to the Church and shining examples of a holy, simple and joyful life.

Through the prayers of the Blessed Virgin Mary, your Mother and ours, draw all priests and the flocks entrusted to their care to the fullness of eternal life where you live and reign with the Father and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. AMEN

BENEDICTUS PP. XVI

(specially composed for Worldpriest)

**++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

A Prayer for Priests**

Lord Jesus, you have chosen your priests from among us and sent them out to proclaim your word and to act in your name. For so great a gift to your Church, we give you praise and thanksgiving. We ask you to fill them with the fire of your love, that their ministry may reveal your presence in the Church. Since they are earthen vessels, we pray that your power shine out through their weakness. In their afflictions let them never be crushed; in their doubts never despair; in temptation never be destroyed; in persecution never abandoned. Inspire them through prayer to live each day the mystery of your dying and rising. In times of weakness send them your Spirit, and help them to praise your heavenly Father and pray for poor sinners. By the same Holy Spirit put your words on their lips and your love in their hearts, to bring good news to the poor and healing to the brokenhearted. And may the gift of Mary your mother, to the disciple whom you loved, be your gift to every priest. Grant that she who formed you in her human image, may form them in your divine image, by the power of your Spirit, to the glory of God the Father. Amen.

**Litany for Priests
Let us pray for the Holy Father: fill him with courage and grace, Lord.
Cardinals, archbishops, and bishops: give them a shepherd’s heart, Lord.
Diocesan priests: fill them with your Spirit, Lord.
Priests in religious orders: perfect them in their calling, Lord.
Priests who are ill: heal them, Lord.
Priests who are in danger: deliver them, Lord.
Priests who are weak: strengthen them, Lord.
Priests who are poor: relieve them, Lord.
Priests who have lost their zeal: renew them, Lord.
Priests who are sad: console them, Lord.
Priests who are worried: give them peace, Lord.
Priests who are old: sustain them, Lord.
Priests who are alone: accompany them, Lord.
Missionary priests: protect them, Lord.
Priests who are preachers: enlighten them, Lord.
Priests who direct souls: instruct them, Lord.
Priests and religious who have died: bring them to glory, Lord.

For all priests: give them Your wisdom and knowledge.
For all priests: give them Your understanding and counsel.
For all priests: give them reverence and awe of You.
For all priests: give them patience and love.
For all priests: give them obedience and kindness.
For all priests: give them a burning zeal for souls.
For all priests: give them virtues of faith, hope and love.
For all priests: give them an intense love for the Eucharist.
For all priests: give them loyalty to the Holy Father and their Bishops.
For all priests: give them respect for life and human dignity.
For all priests: give them integrity and justice.
For all priests: give them humility and generosity.
For all priests: give them strength in their labors.
For all priests: give them peace in their sufferings.
For all priests: give them great love for the Trinity.
For all priests: give them great love for Mary.
For all priests: let them be the light of Christ.
For all priests: let them be the salt of the earth.
For all priests: let them practice sacrifice and self-denial.
For all priests: let them be holy in body, mind and spirit.
For all priests: let them be men of prayer.
For all priests: may faith shine forth in them.
For all priests: may they be concerned for our salvation.
For all priests: may they be faithful to their priestly vocation.
For all priests: may their hands bless and heal.
For all priests: may they burn with love for you.
For all priests: may all their steps be for the glory of God.
For all priests: may the Holy Spirit fill them, and give them His gifts in abundance.

Let us pray.

Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, hear the prayers we offer for our priests. Let them know clearly the work that You are calling them to do. Grant them every grace to answer Your call with courage, love, and lasting dedication to Your will. We ask Mary’s intercession as their loving mother.

Amen.

Daily Prayer for Priests

Amen.

and return to You.

Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.