Peru's March for Life draws 750,000 in Lima

Lima, Peru, Mar 16, 2016 / 12:03 am (CNA/EWTN News).- Three-quarters of a million people paraded through downtown Lima on Saturday in a massive celebration of life from conception to natural death.

Cardinal Juan Luis Cipriani Thorne addressed the crowd March 12, urging prayers for the family and for any women who “for some reason in a moment of weakness unfortunately aborted” her child, saying that forgiveness is always necessary.

However, he stressed, “we can’t just easily let them say abortion is a right. It’s not a right; it’s murder!”

catholicnewsagency.com/news/perus-march-for-life-draws-750000-in-lima-63393/

Good, maybe they can be like Chile where it is largely illegal.

Brazil, I don’t know.

I figure Argentina and especially Uruguay are probably “progressive”; but I don’t know for certain. Someone from Argentina posts here I’m rather sure or at least, who is knowledgeable of the country.

Wow! That is amazing! 750, 000 people! I am so happy to hear how pro-life they are in Peru! We can barely get 20 people to sign up at our parish for the 40 Days for Life event. Our city is about 80, 000.

Some abortion has recently been lifted in Chile, so sad: bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-35838760

Abortion is almost fully illegal in Peru. Only time when it is allowed is when the life/health of the woman is on the line.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.