Peruvian marches against gender ideology attract 1.5 million

Lima, Peru, Mar 7, 2017 / 04:02 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- Under the theme “Don’t Mess With My Children,” more than 1.5 million Peruvians demonstrated on Saturday against gender ideology in the nation’s schools.

Organizers said that total attendance surpassed 1.5 million, at demonstrations throughout the country.

Among those present were Congress members Julio Rosas, Carlos Tubino, Nelly Cuadros, Juan Carlos Gonzales, Marco Miyashiro, Roberto Vieira, Federico Pariona and Edwin Donayre.

catholicnewsagency.com/news/peruvian-marches-against-gender-ideology-attract-15-million-16358/

Thx for posting this, because I just learned something that has been puzzling me…I’ve scanned thread titles and headlines referencing the phrase “gender ideology” as if that were a thing, when my question was: What particular gender ideology did you have in mind, then? There are many.

From the article:

““Don’t Mess With My Children” is a campaign against recent attempts to promote a national curriculum of a certain| gender ideology, which teaches that one’s ‘gender’ is chosen and has no connection with one’s biological sex.”

OK. Well, but isn’t biological sex a different thing indeed than “gender” which is more a social construct that varies depending upon culture and time period?

Anyway, per the thread title, that sure is a massive demonstration by the Peruvian people. There are strong feelings on this topic for sure.

This cheers me up, after reading that disturbing news about France…

If you are Catholic, why would you even ask such a question?

I am happy to hear the whole world has not gone crazy.

Over 1.5 million, wow! :):D:thumbsup::yup::clapping::bounce:

Africa is against this sort of insanity.
Last year, African states tried to block the “United Nations” organisation from appointing a so-called LGBT rights protector.
Of course they were unsuccessful!:frowning:

Cardinal Sarah (from Guinea) says the “LGBT” agenda is a demonic attack on the family.
(Earlier on, Cardinal Arinze was possible Papal material. Right now, Cardinal Sarah could be. Both of them faithful African prelates!)

Russia’s against this stuff.

Thank you, Abyssinia, for posting this!

From the article:

"“Don’t Mess With My Children” is a campaign against recent attempts to promote a national curriculum of gender ideology, which teaches that one’s ‘gender’ is chosen and has no connection with one’s biological sex.

In January of this year, the Peruvian Bishop’s Conference told the government that it “urges the removal from the new National Curriculum those notions coming from gender ideology.”

Just goes to show how globally pernicious this diabolically false teaching of “gender fluidity” is. So sad, that this is what America and Europe are exporting to the world…:frowning:

I’m glad to see them agreeing against this nonsense! They can count me in as well! :thumbsup:

I have recently come to believe that the Church in Africa will be responsible for the new evangelization that restores the global Church, especially in the US and Europe.

i was nearly going to say that, but have a bad habit of continuing to add stuff, so decided to bail out before that post became yet another monster!:blush:

The Africans have to be practical. They can’t afford to indulge in the lunacy on which the too-affluent West wastes so much of its “leisure time”.:shrug:

“The devil makes use of idle hands.”

African Christians have no choice but to be practical. They have to worry about feeding and caring for their families, attacks from militant Islamists, civil war. No time for First World problems.

The African Anglicans are already doing so within the Continuing Anglican (not TEC, C of E, etc.) jurisdictions. If Canterbury moves much farther in the direction of “progressive innovations” then more African churches will leave.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.