PETA proposes robotic groundhog for Pa. festival

From news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_odd_peta_punxsutawney_phil

PUNXSUTAWNEY, Pa. – An animal rights group wants organizers of Pennsylvania's Groundhog Day festival to replace Punxsutawney Phil with a robotic stand-in.

I suppose they'll also want the robotic stand-in programmed to never see its shadow (i.e. signifying that winter will soon end).

Global warming, dontcha know :shrug:

In a way I wonder what their rationale is. But I don’t care enough about PETA to waste my time reading about it.

Somehow, I just can’t take a group seriously when they promote stupid things like finding ways to reduce cow emissions of methane by preventing them from burping. Um, hello? ruminants must burp. What, are they going to do the burping for them?

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

That will never win over any of the real groundhog day fans. It isn't gonna happen.

PETA is awesome. I'm thinking back to when they actually spoke out against Dear Leader for swatting a fly. Or tried to make children think that fish are "sea kittens".

The beautiful thing about PETA is that whatever hyperbole you would make up to lampoon them is actually true. They're their own caricature. It's like a comedy routine somebody set on "autopilot".

Seeing its shadow can be quite a traumatic and cruel experience for a groundhog. :rolleyes:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.